Fireblocks is hiring a Web3 Senior Revenue Accounting Manager
Compensation: $80k - $133k *
Location: Location: Boston
Founded in 2018 and already valued at over $8 billion, Fireblocks is a SaaS platform that helps companies to create innovative products on the blockchain and manage day-to-day crypto operations. Fireblocks is trusted by some of the largest financial institutions, banks, globally-recognized brands, and Web3 companies in the world, including BNY Mellon, BNP Paribas, ANZ Bank, Revolut, and thousands more, to securely scale digital asset operations through the Fireblocks Network and MPC-based wallet infrastructure. We have offices in New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore, and we are continuing to expand our teams to reach new customers globally.
Senior Revenue Accounting Manager
Looking for an industry-leading, secure digital asset platform, experiencing hyper-growth valued at $8 billion? Welcome to Fireblocks!
Here’s the bit about us:
Fireblocks is an enterprise-grade platform delivering a secure infrastructure for moving, storing, and issuing digital assets & cryptocurrencies. Here at Fireblocks, we enable financial institutions to securely build, run and scale digital asset operations through the Fireblocks Network and MPC-based Wallet Infrastructure. Digital assets are protected from cyber-attacks, internal collusion, and human error using next-generation multi-layer technology. Fireblocks is the only platform that provides insurance for digital assets in storage, transfer, and E&O.
As of May 2022, we serve over 1300 institutional customers, have secured the transfer of over $3 trillion in digital assets and are the highest-valued digital asset infrastructure company in the world, with a valuation of $8 billion and over $1 billion raised.
Our mission is simple: Enable every business to easily and securely support digital assets & cryptocurrencies. Come join us as we Secure. Simplify. Scale
Here’s the bit about the opportunity:
Fireblocks is looking for a Senior Revenue Accounting Manager with technical accounting experience and hands-on experience with monthly revenue accounting close. You will work with several teams, such as FP&A, Legal, Sales ops and Tax, to ensure that all revenue contracts are booked following revenue recognition ASC 606. Participate in discussions, review draft contracts, and provide recommendations for recognition observing relevant accounting literature and company's revenue recognition policy. The Senior Revenue Accounting Manager will have one direct report and will manage all aspects of the revenue accounting process.
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting is compliant and in accordance with company policy..
- Technical advisory of customer contracts for appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition.
- Lead and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue accounting close activities, including all required analyses, balance sheet reconciliations, and technical memo’s/white-papers to support timely and accurate revenue recognition
- Deliver best-in-class support to internal stakeholders through implementation of processes, tools and best practices
- Partner with the billings and collections team to ensure quality of billings in support of quality revenue recognition
- Own the revenue portion of external audits
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting is compliant and in accordance with all group policies
- Technical advisory of customer contracts for appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition
- Keep finance and other cross-functional team members abreast of developments regarding revenue recognition developments
- Review new products offering to determine the revenue accounting and implement procedures to process orders.
- Initiate, review, and implement process improvements to revenue accounting
- Identify areas for process improvement & efficiency
- Special projects and research projects as assigned by management team
- Provide ad hoc support to other members of the Global Revenue Determination Group and provide cover as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA or MBA preferred)
- Significant experience working in a combination of auditing and revenue accounting operations
- Experience as a supervisory/manager
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition guidance, including ASC 606
- Proven ability to interpret and apply accounting guidance and prepare formal, well-supported, memo’s and supporting analyses
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present technical guidance and analysis in a comprehensive and articulate manner to different levels and departments throughout the organisation
- Process optimisation focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Excel/spreadsheet modelling
- Knowledge of NetSuite is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a pressurised sales environment, managing multiple assignments and conflicting priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
We’d love for you to have either financial services, fintech, blockchain, cybersecurity, payments or crypto industry experience but it is not a requirement. We have a comprehensive onboarding and training program for all new employees.
Fireblocks' mission is to enable every business to easily and securely access digital assets and cryptocurrencies. In order to do that, we strongly believe our workforce should be as diverse as our clients, and this is why we embrace diversity and inclusion in all its forms.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjEzMS4xNTgM
Compensation: $80k - $133k *
Location: Location: Boston
Receive similar jobs: