Senior Backend Software Engineer
Email: [email protected]
University of California, Irvine Graduation: June 2017
B.S. in Computer Science, honor student Cumulative GPA: 3.8 / 4.0
Programming languages: Golang, Java, Python
Skills & Tools: MongoDb, Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Git, Hbase, Redis
Senior Software Engineer at Pinduoduo (NASDAQ: PDD) Nov 2022-June 2023
- Changed request flow from synchronous interaction to asynchronous to increase the e-commerce search engine’s system load by 3% so that system can reduce about two thousand cores with the same latency.
- Implemented goods recall strategies provided by product managers in order to eliminate low correlation results in order to increase CVR and CTR.
- Designed and implemented a simple training framework via Jax so that deep learning engineers can implement test models to replace Tensorflow in order to speed up the training process.
Senior Backend Software Engineer at Tencent April 2020-October 2022
- Designed and implemented a system to deduplicate contents in the recommendation pool by integrating multiple deep-learning models that convert contents to vectors and apply similarity search.
- Designed and led 3 engineers to integrate basic embedding searching ability with our RPC framework as a similarity searching system to provide data storage solution and easy used APIs to support all embedding searching needs, which is used by ten teams that altogether serve one million daily operations, with the availability of 99.99%.
- Encapsulated Kafka, Redis, and most commonly used clients as plugins and Developed streaming protocol for Tencent RPC framework in Python that provides a united framework for all backend development teams in Tencent.
- Developed game backend services in Timi with Golang, which developed an embedded game in QQ system so that users can design, build and host events with the unique avatar. The system serves 2 million players at the same time on average and can maximally load one thousand players in the same event.
Backend Software Engineer at Horizon Robotics June 2018-December 2019
- Designed and developed services for the artificial intelligent cloud from scratch with Golang, including authentication, authorization, feature extraction & feature recognition.
- Designed and implemented APIs as a platform so that customers can manage their data more easily and integrate their business logic with our basic AI abilities.
- Developed MQTT client and device shadow management with Golang in Device Management service for intelligent devices, designed, developed, and led the process of device interactions between the cloud side and device SDK, which greatly improved customer usability.
- Designed and developed a distributed data-redistribution micro-service system to support upstream data transmission and Redesigned heavy-weighted middleware for private deployment.
Software Engineer at Thales July 2017-February 2018
- Developed a file storage system that can be used by integration engineers to manage configuration files according to their needs in Java.
- Developed a user profile management service with node.js using the Koa framework in order to help engineers to keep track the status of the maintenance status.
Software Development Intern at U9Game June 2016-September 2016
- Built an internal web application for game operators to publish events & send announcements to gamers, using PHP Yii for backend and react.js for frontend development.
Software Engineer Intern at Intel June 2015-September 2015
- Managed development versions for the virtualization team and devised a bug-reproduction tool, which saves time for reproducing debug and retesting processes.
Experience: 6 years
Yearly salary: $150,000
Hourly rate: $50
Nationality: 🇺🇸 United States
Residency: 🇺🇸 United States
|2017 - 2018||Software Engineer||Thales|
|2018 - 2019||Backend Software Engineer||Horizon Robotics|
|2020 - 2022||Senior Backend Software Engineer||Tencent|
|2022 - 2023||Senior Software Engineer||Pinduoduo|