Legendary Play is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for esports fans. Our vision is “Live your Esports Passion!” – for our players and ourselves. Our mission is to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of esports enthusiasts around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to lead the design and balance of game systems and progression mechanics for our newest project with our core team based in Berlin. We accept remote candidates but also support moving to Berlin.
- Designing game systems and progression mechanics, perfectly aligning them with the product vision and the company mission.
- Set-up and maintain balancing sheets for gameplay elements, progression mechanics and the game economy.
- Working closely with other designers and the development team, to make sure that the overall design of the game is consistent and functional.
- Collaborate with Marketing, LiveOps and Community Management to develop and maintain thorough understanding of the preferences and expectations of our target audience, while keeping a strong grip on the project’s core values.
- 5+ years of experience as a game designer in f2p midcore games. Shipped at least 2 titles in the game designer’s role.
- Perfect understanding of best practices of mobile midcore free-to-play core-loop building, progression systems and sessioning. You know how to hook, retain and engage your players.
- Numbers are your thing. You know your progression and cost curves, damage formulas and how to maintain these in spreadsheets and scripts.
- You know what makes a game economy hum and how to control supply and foster demand in dynamic systems.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile games industry, being up to date on genre dynamics and latest trends and successes.
- Data driven: Knowing how to uncover problems by looking at KPIs, getting insights from the community and applying your design skills to solve these problems.
- You like sparring ideas with your peers, leaving egos at the door.
- Excellent verbal and written English and being able to communicate how complex systems work to your peers and project stakeholders.
- Being up to date in the Web3 market and game development.
- Experience in designing and maintaining Web3 game economies.
- Experience in economy simulation in Python, Spreadsheets or other tools.
- Experience working with UI artists where you shape the UX of your features by creating wireframes .
- Passion for esports or Web3. Passion makes up for a lot, so if you’re really into esports or Web3, write to us even if you do not fulfil all the requirements.
What we offer
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you help to shape.
- Flexible working hours with work from home.
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world – Esports, Web3 and Gaming!
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team.
- If you want, support to move to and work in Europe's creative startup capital, Berlin!
- Free coffee, drinks, and fruits onsite.
- Equity Compensation through an employee share pool.
- Get access to the best esports and investor network in Europe.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RNDQuMjAwLjEzNy42MwM