About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clientsâ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Financial Operations and Accounting Teams at Gemini are thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and finance space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Associate Director, Finance Transformation
Gemini is seeking a motivated leader with a drive to operate in a high-growth environment and strong experience in financial operational accounting and data analytics. The position will be an entrusted cross-functional business partner supporting the Finance department with technology innovation and process optimization for Gemini products. The ideal candidate should have financial, engineering and data analytical skills besides excellent attention to detail, passionate about enabling the financial close process with data efficiency and transformation, and an ability to communicate complex data with a wide array of stakeholders to integrate into the accounting standards and process to enable financial close.
- Collaborate with technical and operational accounting to understand the financial information requirements to optimize the process and enhance financial close and reporting.
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (Data Science, Product, Compliance, Marketing, Customer Experience, Engineering etc) to gather the necessary information, trouble-shoot data, perform data analytics, automate workflow and deliver reports, as applicable, to support the Financial Operations team in financial close.
- Manage Financial Operations requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive readouts.
- Create thorough financial operational specs, data transformation and efficiency, project plans to enable financial close acceleration, and roadmaps.
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Masters of Science in Economics and Masters of Science in EECS.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably Big4 and financial service industry experience.
- Robotic Process Automation experience preferred.
- AML and Fraud monitoring experience preferred.
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of blockchain technology and the crypto industry.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discretionary equity
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.