17,752 jobs found
About the team:
Our team is one of the newest Anti-Financial Crime teams on the block. We’re small but we pack a punch and you’ll be working with two others in the team. Our mission is to collect and analyse intelligence whilst supporting Luno in its vision of having World Class Compliance.
The role in a nutshell:
As a Senior Financial Intelligence Unit Investigator, you’ll be responsible for receiving, collating and analysing intelligence relating to financial crimes such as fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing within the Anti-Financial Crime team at Luno.
The role is multifaceted as you’ll be conducting in-depth investigations, conducting data mining exercises, assessing gaps in Luno’s Anti-Financial Crime controls, keeping up to date with international best practice and supporting Luno’s anti-financial crime related external engagements. You’ll also be working closely with other Anti-Financial Crime team members to help support cross-department operational initiatives to detect and prevent abuse.
Your mission will be:
- Conducting and supporting proactive intelligence-led financial crime investigations and exposure assessments in line with the team’s priorities.
- Conducting and supporting reactive investigations into financial crime related cases.
- Assessing suspicious activity reporting filing obligations, drafting and submitting these reports as well as other intelligence reports for review.
- Liaising across internal and external stakeholders including Legal, law enforcement and investigators.
- Conducting link analysis, data mining exercises, providing written feedback on the results of the analysis and suggesting relevant enhancements.
- Conducting and supporting external engagements such as training sessions, typology sharing within the industry, public-private partnerships and private-private partnerships.
- Proactively identifying new financial crime typologies at Luno and for keeping up to date with the latest typologies within the financial crime industry.
- Identification of potential gaps in Luno’s systems and controls and propose any enhancements to the control environment to the relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant projects, including system enhancements and the implementation of new systems for the Anti-Financial Crime team.
- Maintain and periodically update the Financial Intelligence Unit’s standard operating procedures, manuals, processes and controls.
- Proactively identifying anti-financial crime best practices to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
In your first three months, you will:
- Build an understanding of all things involving anti-financial crime at Luno.
- Collaborate with the Anti-Financial Crime and broader Luno teams.
- Contribute to key team projects, roadmap and goals.
A little about you:
- A relevant degree/diploma from an accredited institution.
- 4 - 5 years of relevant work experience within the AML, CTF and CPF related field.
- A can-do, get things done attitude.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements for AML, CTF and CPF risk, industry best practices and related typologies.
- Advanced skills in conducting research including via the use of open-source intelligence (OSINT).
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to prioritise work in line with the team’s priorities with limited supervision.
- An industry certification like ACAMS or ACFE is preferred.
- Experience in utilising blockchain explorers to view and trace transactions is highly advantageous.
- An existing, valid work permit for South Africa, if you’re not a South African citizen.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Learnerbly.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjAwLjExMi4xNzIM
What does a blockchain developer do?
A blockchain developer is a software developer who specializes in the development of applications that make use of blockchain technology
Some of the responsibilities of a blockchain developer may include:
- Designing and implementing smart contracts.
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the blockchain network, and developing user-facing applications that make use of the blockchain.
- Additionally, a blockchain developer may also be responsible for researching and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in blockchain technology, in order to ensure that their applications are secure and efficient.