Legal Counsel (MiFID II and Crypto)
What you might be doing:
- Lead the processes for filing investment firm licenses and maintaining them under MiFID II and other applicable laws and regulations;
- Contribute to the process of authorisation as cryptoasset service provider under MiCA regulation ;
- Contributing to drafting reports, policies and procedures according to MiFID II and AIFM other requirements applicable laws and regulations;
- Advise on regulatory strategy, securing and maintaining regulatory licenses, and implementing/assuring compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements, pulling together what you need from across the organisation;
- Conduct a global regulatory watch on cryptoassets regulation and general sectorial news;
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks and participate in advising on the design of innovative financial products and services;
- Researching a range of novel legal and regulatory questions and participating in providing legal analyses and recommendations to inform business decisions;
- Contributing to the review of external communication via social media and marketing campaigns;
- Supporting the legal team and other departments with general matters, including regulatory and compliance law questions;
- Keeping abreast of internal standards and business goals.
What you might bring:
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years as a legal counsel;
- Master of Laws;
- Excellent knowledge in EU financial law (MiFID II, EMIR, AIFMD, PRIIPs) mandatory;
- Proven track record of going through licenses process under the above frameworks required;
- Interest in the blockchain and cryptoassets industry as well as curiosity and eagerness to understand the underlying technicality is a plus;
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards;
- Business acumen;
- Strong business partnership culture combined with a solution oriented attitude and capable of performing even in challenging situations;
- Great writing and communication skills in English, with proven verbal and written fluency; German is a plus;
- Proven ability to understand legal and regulatory concepts and convert them into relevant, practical, local business requirements;
- Autonomous, adaptive, ability to think outside of the box, creative;
- Experience/Background: ideally with a previous experience in a FinTech company / financial institution / investment firm / fund.
This job is closed
Compensation: $74k - $173k *
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs:
Web3 Legal Expert Salary
The average yearly salary for a Web3 Legal Expert is $167k per year, with a minimum base salary of $122k and a maximum of $260k.
Check more information about Web3 Legal Expert Salary.
|Job Position and Company