Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Legal department at Gemini is making history every day, as we apply the legacy of law to the future of digital assets. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. At Gemini, Legal plays a critical role in guiding innovation and driving value for the business, while upholding our core tenets of security, compliance, and trust for our customers. Join us and help define the Legal Department of the Future.
The Role: Legal Assistant/Paralegal
An excellent legal assistant is the backbone of a successful Legal Department. In this role, you will roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, and conduct legal research in the uncharted territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Working alongside the Legal Program Director and the rest of the Legal team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders across Engineering, Product, Compliance, Finance and Accounting, Business Development, Operations, Technology and Security as we work to solve novel legal challenges in this groundbreaking space.
- Proactively manage tasks, processing legal contracts, tracking and reviewing invoices -- all done in a timely and highly organized manner.
- Take ownership of the companyâs contract management process and partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to implement process improvements.
- Handle corporate governance matters and manage processes, policies, and formalities associated with the Gemini groupâs legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide exceptional, responsive, and meticulous support to a wide variety of projects undertaken by the Legal team.
- Research and deliver findings in the fintech and crypto industries that will drive innovation for implementing legal policies across regions.
- Aid in the scaling of a nimble, impactful Legal function at Gemini.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Maintain and update legal templates, runbooks, and process documents.
- Experience conducting NDA review and negotiation.
- Assist with corporate governance support for all Gemini entities globally, such as required corporate governance filings, entity management changes, corporate minute book updates, and corporate subsidiary database entries in our entity management system.
- Assist in coordination of the formation or integration of new entities across the globe, whether by way of new formation or acquisition.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of matters and organizational tasks.
- Demonstrated interest in disruptive technology and desire to learn.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $95,000 - $133,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.