Groma is one part real-estate firm, one part tech-startup. Our mission is to build cities better. We have two arms to our business. One focuses on acquiring, renovating and developing buildings in the cities where we operate. And the other focuses on enabling people to own parts of their city as it grows and develops around them.
The first part of business is already scaling rapidly. Groma owns and operates 30+ buildings throughout the Greater Boston Area, on track to double that by year’s end. To accomplish that second part of our mission, we’re launching the world’s first real estate backed cryptocurrency later this year. We expect it to achieve a few key goals:
- Enable more people to own more real estate, whether you have $1 or $1,000,000.
- Increase participation in local development to guide better development decisions.
- Provide an independently-governed, anti-inflationary currency backed 1:1 by real estate, combining the best elements of cryptocurrencies with a stable, predictable asset.
And we need to do all this in a way that’s user-friendly, intuitive, compliant with all necessary regulations, and leverages existing, battle-tested standards and technology so it can scale up big.
These are some lofty goals, but we’ve got a good idea of how to get there and are looking for passionate, creative people to join our team and help us build great products, develop great properties, and scale our vision to the world.
About Our Culture
Groma is a startup which means we work hard and are constantly evolving to meet new and exciting challenges. A healthy work-life balance is important to our team, but this is likely not your standard 9 to 5. Groma is on a fast growth trajectory and we’re looking for team members ready to dig in and build something special together.
While we were working remotely during the worst of the pandemic, we have been investing heavily in renovating our office space in the middle of downtown Boston - right next to the Government Center. We’re building a strong workplace culture with the flexibility to work from home as needed, but we believe in the power of being together and the mental health benefits of having an “office space” and a “home space.”
We have an ever-evolving list of values and conventions that guide how we operate as a company, but here’s a high-level overview of how we think about doing what we do:
- We’re committed to building an inclusive, equitable, anti-discriminatory workplace that reflects the diversity of people and cultures that live, work and play in the communities we seek to serve.
- We approach our work with pragmatic idealism that enables us to focus on our desire to make the world a better place in ways big and small while also being open to intelligent compromises that accelerate us on our path to serve our broader societal goals
- Our whole team believes strongly in a value we shorthand as Justice League, not Superman. The challenges we are trying to solve require effective teams, not individual heroes. (Note: Yes… we are aware that Superman has been a member of the Justice League for quite some time now, but the analogy here is an easy, yet powerful, one for people to grasp. We don’t need a hero, we need a collaborative team of heroes who each bring something unique to the table to help solve problems that any of us individually would find daunting.)
Every day will offer a new challenge because, honestly, we don’t know entirely what we’re doing - just what we’re trying to do. We’re going to build something special, have a great time doing it, and, in the process, create an environment and culture that treats ourselves and others with the ultimate in fairness and respect.
About the Position
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to be the first person to join our Fund Administration team. This position will work closely with the Accounting, Investor Relations & Legal teams to build and operate Groma’s fund administration department and operations. The primary goals of the Fund Administration Department are to manage Groma’s relationships with our external fund administrators and build out the internal capabilities of our own fund administration department.
- Manage and provide deliverables to our external fund administrators for maintenance of their accounting general ledger and investor portal data
- Coordinate and manage the accounting and reporting data provided to Groma by our external fund administrators, and work with the Accounting and Investor Relations departments to generate consolidated and concise fund performance reporting to the Groma Executive Committee, Accounting Department and Investors
- Develop expertise in the function and maintenance of the investor accounting and investor portal systems of our external fund administrators (e.g., Juniper Square, eFront Investor Cafe, etc.) with the goal of ultimately being able to help the Groma team develop such capabilities in house
- Work with the Investor Relations and Accounting Departments to efficiently and accurately onboard new investors, upload their investor positions, and process capital calls in coordination with our fund administrators and their systems
- Work with the Investor Relations and Accounting Departments to efficiently and accurately calculate and process investor distributions in coordination with our fund administrators and their systems
- Work with the Accounting Department and external fund administrators to calculate and accurately post investor preferred returns, sponsor carried interest and performance fees, and all other fund management and administration fees
- Perform daily monitoring and processing of fund activities, including ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all information on all fund administrator’s GL accounting systems and investor portals
- Work with internal departments and external fund administrators to develop protocols for, and execute on obtaining and processing Net Asset Valuation data for all funds
- Develop and execute on systems and processes to ensure all funds remain in compliance with all regulatory, tax, fund governing document and privacy/security requirements and best practices
- Write standard procedure playbooks related to the operation of the Fund Administration Department
- Participate in ad hoc client projects and internal initiatives; ensure ad hoc requests from clients and investors are addressed in a timely manner
- 3+ years of related work in the real estate fund or financial services investment industry
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with fund administration accounting, systems and processes for private equity real estate and REIT investment funds
- Familiarity with fund administration platforms such as Juniper Square, Investor Cafe, and eFront
- Familiarity with fund administration compliance requirements and testing protocols (including regulatory, tax, governing fund document, and privacy/security)
- Proficiency in Google Workspace suite and Microsoft Office product suite
- Diligent and efficient document and workflow management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with attention to details and a zest for operational excellence in their work product
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and investor services skills
- Team player with strong organizational skills and abilities to see projects through to completion
- Competitive salary for the Boston Area
- 5% 401k Match
- Fully covered high-quality health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 Official Company Holidays
- 1 Floating Holiday: We recognize that there are lots of holidays that are meaningful to different people in different ways and we want to celebrate that by enabling team members to have the time/space to commemorate those days however is appropriate, and using it as an opportunity - if they’d like to - to share the meaning of that day with the broader team.
- Optional pet insurance for cats, dogs, lizards, frogs, and waterfowl
Join our Team
As a start up, we work hard and are constantly evolving to meet new and exciting challenges. A healthy work-life balance is important to our team, but this is likely not your standard 9-5. We are focused on a strong and dynamic in-office culture, with flexibility, but we thrive on interpersonal interactions and like seeing each other to work together on complex problems.
Please submit your resume on Greenhouse.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Location: MA Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: