Senior Protocol Engineer (Remote)
Boston, Massachusetts /
Engineering – Protocol /
Remote - Full-Time
Apply for this job
Kava Labs is a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% remote and distributed workforce. We have teams located in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
Kava Labs is hiring for a Senior Protocol Engineer, who will be responsible for maintaining existing infrastructure whilst developing new features in the Protocol team. You will also lead collaborations with Product, Design and other Engineering teams in KAVA. This is a North America-based, full-time, remote position.
What You Will Do.
- Deliver High Quality Code: Write daily code, review and test. Implement improvements to your team’s technical diligence. Drive technical design decisions to execute against those goals on time and within scope. Ensure quality code is well-tested and consistently delivered.
- Working cross-functionally: Collaborate with other department leaders from Engineering, Product and Design to execute the product life cycle.
- Lead design process: You will effectively communicate the technical needs for product and design in a format that all engineers can understand and add to.
- Mentor and Lead: You will lead by example to display a culture of ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will also mentor engineers to up-skill them in all facets to become successful engineers.
Who You Are.
- 4+ Years of experience writing code and tests.
- 3+ Years of experience coding in Backend languages.
- 2+ Years reviewing team members code.
- 2+ Years experience leading complex projects from design, architecture and delivery.
- 1+ Year coding in Golang
- Experienced in making decisions and considering trade-offs for short term vs long term technical decisions.
- Experienced in deploying user facing software.
- Experience with CI/ CD.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Design, Applications, Business Development and overall stakeholders.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and adjust in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up your sleeves type of environment.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience with security auditing, vulnerability analysis softwares.
- Experience with AWS, GC2 or Terraform.
- Experience in the Web3 industry.
- Experience in the Fintech industry.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience working in start-ups.
- Experience being a technical representative.
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Technical Assessment 1: 1 Hour
- Technical Assessment 2: 1 Hour
- Hiring Manager: 1 hour
- Product Manager: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes
Subject to change
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Base Salary Range: $150,000 to $190,000
Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location.
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM