Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrowâs Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What Youâll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
<strong>About The Role:</strong></p>
The Pagoda Solutions & Enterprise Platforms team is looking for a software engineer to work on ecosystem critical protocol features and solutions. You will be working through the whole range of NEAR Protocol stack to find opportunities for critical improvements and features that have a huge impact on the growth of the ecosystem. You will work on low-level code, protocol features while having a view on products that are being built on NEAR Protocol.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Discover ecosystem critical protocol feature needs, design and implement them;
- Work with internal and external product managers, technical stakeholders to gather feedback and work with internal teams to deliver product/protocol improvements.
- Work with the multitude of teams to implement features that are important to the success of external and internal stakeholders;
- Maintain existing integrations with important partners;
- Act as a subject matter expert for protocol in Solutions & Enterprise Platforms team
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team.
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp complex engineering concepts; we expect you to obtain a very good understanding of the blockchain protocol;
- Experience or ability to work with systems level languages, Rust is preferred but Go and C would also be eligible;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- Being comfortable with diving in multiple parts of a technology stack and quickly navigate through it;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with cryptography
- Familiarity with low-level database implementation
- Familiarity with distributed systems and p2p networks
- Experience working at a startup;
- Prior experience with blockchain technologies
Hereâs What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, youâll ideally be located in North America or Europe.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliverâso our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rareâand valuableâin this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.