Avalon Corp Jobs
There are 2 Web3 Jobs at Avalon Corp
$80k - $220k
|United States|| |
$100k - $250k
As our Senior Server Engineer, you will help us lay the technological foundation for our game world. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams and lead the technical implementation of our game's server architecture. You'll ensure our services are efficient, scalable, and maintainable while overseeing code reviews and crafting the tools that bring our game to life.
Role and Responsibilities
• Work with your Lead Engineer to define the technical vision for the server infrastructure, collaborating within project teams and across multiple operations teams within Avalon to ensure service requirements for the project are clearly scoped, defined, and met. Your voice matters!
• Contribute to and steward the efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of the services and technology developed by the server team. We take technical debt seriously and work hard to minimize it.
• Act as the primary point of contact for cross-team development on shared initiatives, partnering with cross-functional teams to define and execute on project requirements. Own projects and their outcomes.
• Partner with production staff and the rest of the leadership team for milestone planning and tracking development progress. No overcommitment of your time by others.
• Evaluate internal/external technologies and tools with the goal of sourcing and integrating technology that meets project requirements and goals. Help decide our core competencies.
• Author documentation and RFCs; communicate best practices and technical constraints of the server engine and gameplay stack to team members and external operations departments. Ideas come in all shapes and sizes; everyone has a voice.
• Mentor intermediate and junior team members on best practices and intricacies of MMO development. We raise each other up.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Distributed teams require over-communication!
• Currently or recently held at least a senior level engineering position with previous experience in working in high-performing engineering teams.
• Deep networking experience in TCP/IP, particularly at the network and transport layers.
• Prior development experience in distributed systems, microservice architecture, and client/server architectures, particularly related to state management, consistency, and CAP tradeoffs.
• Experience with storage and storage engine technologies (PostgreSQL, Scylla, RocksDB, etc.).
• Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure.
• Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features.
• Working knowledge of Rust and systems programming with Rust.
• Proven ability to grow, guide, inspire, and mentor growing development/engineering teams.
• Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative.
• Relevant experience on a AAA game project. Work experience on MMO game services would be nice but is not required.
• Familiarity working with Unreal Engine.
• Passion for games, particularly MMOs and/or RPGs.
• Experience shipping a PC game from start to finish.
• Knowledge in Blockchain and Crypto.
• Experience with Agile Philosophies.
This position is eligible for all regular full-time employment benefits that the company may offer in your specific locale. We also offer Mental Health support and resources globally to all employees and contractors.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjEzMS4xNTgM