CoinTracker makes cryptocurrency portfolio tracking and tax compliance simple. We generate your crypto tax forms in minutes with industry-leading accuracy. Our mission is to enable everyone in the world to use crypto with peace of mind.
Some things we’re proud of:
🛠️ Building foundational tools in the cryptocurrency space
📈 Strong growth trajectory
💲 $50B+ in cryptocurrency is tracked on CoinTracker – over 5% of the entire crypto market
📁 1M tax forms filed
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, Uniswap, OpenSea, eToro, H&R Block and other industry leaders
💼 Venture-backed by Accel, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Kraken Ventures, Intuit Ventures, 776 Ventures, Balaji Srinivasan, Claire Hughes Johnson, Gokul Rajaram, Ryan Shea, Serena Williams, Zach Perret, and others
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google & Google[x]
Learn more about our mission, culture, and hiring process.
Join our tight-knit, early-stage remote team to support us in our effort to create a seamless tax filing experience. The Customer Advocate role is a seasonal 40-hr/week contract position with the opportunity to roll over into full-time employment or to return in future seasons for the right candidates.
We're looking for a bevy of fast learning folks who know what a superior customer experience looks like and want to help CoinTracker delight our passionate customers.
Whether you've done support at a startup before or come from an entirely different background, as a Customer Advocate at CoinTracker you'll engage with dozens of customers daily, ensuring they have what they need to succeed during their tax filing experience.
You may enjoy this role if you:
- Are the person your friends and family go to for help.
- Love the art of writing. Bonus points if you enjoy crafting personal, friendly, and clear emails.
- Can empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- Take pride in the products and experiences you create.
- Love learning and growing your personal skillset.
- Are passionate about cryptocurrency or other technology helping to bridge gaps in financial equity and prosperity.
- Able to work effectively in a remote setting and able to overlap with our core hours of 9AM to 12PM PST
- Must be available to work occasional weekend hours (will not exceed 40 hours per week)
- Communicates with clear and proficient written English.
- Is empathetic, positive, patient, and excited to help users' solve their pain points.
- Enjoys being organized, reliable, independent, and productive.
- Wants an opportunity to provide fast-paced support in a high-growth startup.
- Can work an occasional weekend, but never more than 40 hours/week
- Loves being challenged by puzzles and is energized by learning.
- Wants to learn about startup support in a hands-on manner.
- Views direction and coaching as growth opportunities.
- Feels comfortable with some ambiguity.
- Has curiosity of cryptocurrency, math, and financial topics.
- Answer common customer inquiries and provide account support via email or chat.
- Work collaboratively within our Support team to understand, prioritize and escalate customer feedback and issues.
- Help colleagues deliver delightful experiences to our users in a collaborative manner
- Recognize patterns in customer needs and relay them to the broader team
- Learn and grow with a fast moving and scaling team.
- Crypto Savvy: You're super comfortable chatting about cryptocurrencies because you understand how they work. If someone's got a question about Bitcoin or how to track their transactions with CoinTracker, you're the friendly expert they can rely on for clear answers.
- Tech Whiz: Got a tech hiccup? No problem! You're the one who can dive into technical issues with ease, helping users navigate our platform like a pro. It's all about making sure they have a smooth experience with a helpful guide by their side – that's you!
- Empathy Hero: You've got a big heart and the listening skills to match. Kindness is your superpower, making sure every user feels supported and understood, no matter their level of experience. Clear, caring communication is your thing.
- Puzzle Master: When a problem pops up, you're ready with your thinking cap on. It's all about piecing together the solution that leaves our users relieved and impressed. Every challenge is an opportunity for you to shine.
- Successfully finish onboarding and training.
- Resolve 15-20 tickets per week while maintaining 75% customer satisfaction.
- Participate in Support team meetings, conversations.
- Resolve 35 tickets per week while maintaining 80% customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in and start product and conversation focused conversations amongst the team.
- Help colleagues solve user problems.
- Resolve 40 tickets per week while maintaining 85% customer satisfaction.
- Conclude contract by winding down any work outside of the inbox.
- Shares ideas and tips with the team and any new colleagues who join.
- Give internal feedback on your experience with CoinTracker and the Support team as a contractor.
- Develop product expertise and begin to contribute meaningful feedback..
- Consistently resolve an average of 40 tickets per week while maintaining a customer satisfaction rate of at least 85%.
- Become an active and positive contributor to the team by fostering a collaborative work environment.
We are a fully internationally distributed, tight-knit team. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Google Meet, Linear, Notion, Slack, Zendesk. We also stay aligned and bonded through weekly sprints, standups, all hands, and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not folks who perfectly match a job posting.