Groma is a real estate investment, management, and technology company based in Boston. It’s our mission to develop a wider range of real estate investing technology while providing a high-quality management experience for our renters across our city, our country, and eventually the world. We are passionate about the future of the greater Boston area and it is our goal to develop our local communities in innovative and sustainable ways.
About the Role
We are seeking a Director of Maintenance & Logistics to scale and develop a multi-tiered maintenance logistics network designed to efficiently service our growing real estate portfolio of roughly 50 buildings and 300 units distributed across the greater Boston area. As the Director of Maintenance & Logistics at Groma this role will work in coordination with the Property Operations departments to maintain and deploy resources and personnel for maintenance, construction and field operations. As the first member of our logistics team, this role will involve building critical infrastructure for the company as we continue to grow.
- Recruit and retain resources for our facilities and field specialist teams
- Manage scheduling and deployment of personnel for property services
- Organize personnel resources for emergency property services
- Recruit, and retain and organize third party vendors for property related services
- Ensure competitive pricing from all third party vendors and recurring services, and in-house services where financially optimal
- Manage seasonal and temporary third party resources
- Organize third-party resources for emergency property services
- Implement software to organize optimized routes on a daily and weekly basis for maintenance tasks
- Manage personnel deployment across the Groma property portfolio
- Be reactive to real-time adjustment needs during inclement weather or other unforeseen events
Supply Chain Management
- Competitive resourcing cleaning, maintenance, and construction supplies and materials
- Manage warehousing for all supplies and materials
- Ensure competitive pricing from all suppliers
- Establish and document scalable protocols and playbooks for the logistics department
- Identify current and future needs for property logistics and establish timelines and milestones
- Establish redundancy plans for personnel and third party services
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in logistics management
- Familiarity with property operations and maintenance coordination
- Strong organizational, time management, and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with residents and outside vendors, contractors, and customers
- Diligent and efficient documentation and task management skills
About our Culture
At Groma, we’re looking to build something big and are on a very fast growth trajectory. While a healthy work-life balance is important to our team, we want to be upfront that there may be times when we expect commitments outside of the standard 9-5. We strive to respect individuals and their needs, while also acknowledging the reality that we have a small team that is trying to accomplish some very ambitious goals in a short period of time.
We are also focused on maintaining our dynamic in-office culture at Groma’s headquarters in beautiful downtown Boston, Massachusetts. We believe that in-person collaboration and spontaneous interpersonal interaction is critical to the company’s success at this stage. Also, our office is great. We own the whole building and have made it very much our own space. We’ve got a gym, locker rooms, a game room, a rooftop garden, and all the normal stuff to make an office an effective and fun place to be. We understand that everyone will need to work from home or the road occasionally, but want to be transparent with this expectation.
We have an ever-evolving list of values and conventions that guide how we operate as a company, but here’s a high-level overview of how we think about doing what we do:
- We’re committed to building an inclusive, equal opportunity, anti-discriminatory workplace that reflects the diversity of people and cultures that live, work, and play in the communities we seek to serve.
- We approach our work with pragmatic idealism that enables us to focus on our desire to make the world a better place in ways big and small while also being open to intelligent compromises that accelerate us on our path to serve our broader societal goals.
- Our whole team believes strongly in a value we shorthand as Justice League, not Superman. The challenges we are trying to solve require effective teams, not individual heroes. (Note: Yes… we are aware that Superman has been a member of the Justice League for quite some time now, but the analogy here is an easy, yet powerful, one for people to grasp. We don’t need a hero, we need a collaborative team of heroes who each bring something unique to the table to help solve problems that any of us individually would find daunting.)
- Competitive salary for the Boston area
- Early stage equity in a quickly growing startup
- 5% 401k match
- Fully covered high-quality health and dental insurance plans
- Fully covered commuter passes for bus, subway, boat, or commuter rail
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 official company holidays
- 1 floating holiday: We recognize that there are lots of holidays that are meaningful to different people in different ways and we want to celebrate that by enabling team members to have the time/space to commemorate those days however is appropriate, and using it as an opportunity - if they’d like to - to share the meaning of that day with the broader team
- Optional pet insurance for cats, dogs, lizards, frogs, and waterfowl
- A beautiful office in downtown Boston with a gym, locker rooms, game room, rooftop garden, and several catered lunches a week
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Location: MA Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Dental Insurance
Receive similar jobs: