Title: Firmware Engineer/IoT Support Engineer
Location: Remote; United States or Cleveland OH, Atlanta GA, San Mateo CA
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years
Job Function: Strategy
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Computer Network & Security
About the position
We are seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer with a strong background in C programming to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining firmware for various hardware integrations.
The position is based in the United States and can be performed remotely when necessary. Applicants must hold US citizen or US permanent resident status.
- Firmware Development: Design, develop, and optimize firmware libraries, primarily using the C programming language. Port designs to different operating systems and chipsets. Assist in writing device drivers for secure elements and TPMs.
- Code Optimization: Implement and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Testing and Debugging: Conduct thorough testing of firmware to identify and fix bugs, as well as to improve overall system performance.
- Assist in developing Software Requirements Documentation: Collaborate with Solution Architects to document software requirements from customer requirements.
- Assist and write Firmware Functional Requirements & Test Plans: Collaborate with Solution Architects to document Functional Requirements and Test Plans from Software Requirements.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for firmware design, development, and maintenance per customer.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with the latest technologies and trends in firmware development to continually enhance product quality.
- Customer Troubleshooting: Lead customer troubleshooting sessions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelorâs or Masterâs degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience (minimum of 3 years) in firmware development, specifically with expertise in C programming.
- Strong understanding of embedded systems and microcontroller architectures.
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Experience with the Yocto project and embedded Linux applications.
- Familiarity with communication protocols (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART).
- Knowledge of low-level hardware interactions and driver development.
- Experience writing and implementing Software Requirements and Functional Requirements.
- Experience in structured problem solving.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Culture, Career Opportunities and Benefits
We build teams that continually strive to get better than the day before. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and new ideas. A few initiatives that make our culture special include:
- Comprehensive benefit coverage
- Dedicated employee focused ambassadors via Key Contributor & Culture Committee
- DIVERSE Commitment
- Global Volunteer Day
- Flexible time off
- Regular Cross Functional meetings
- Regular Leadership Development meetings
- Regular All Hands meetings â followed by group gatherings
- Second Fridayâs (a company-wide day off on the second Friday of every month)
- The Keyfactor Alliance Program
- Weekly Feedback Snapshot
Our Core Values
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
Trust is paramount.
We deliver security software and solutions where trust and openness are of the highest importance for our customers. We are honest and a trusted partner in every aspect of business.
Customers are core.
We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their data were our own.
Innovation never stops, it only accelerates.
The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
We deliver with agility.
We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly, while driving towards our strategic goals.
United by respect.
Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy and openness, both in our business and in our communities.
Teams make âitâ happen.
Vision and goals are not individually achievable â they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
Keyfactor is a proud equal opportunity employer.
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: Applicants with disabilities may contact a member of Keyfactorâs People team via [email protected]/or telephone at 1.216.785.2990 to request and arrange for accommodations at any time.
Keyfactor Privacy Notice