- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Equity-heavy compensation packages
- Access to our corporate sponsor box at Madison Square Garden
- Remote (hybrid) friendly workplace
- Paid time off
- Catered lunch, daily at the office
- Stocked snack station
- Learning Lunches
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
We are hiring a Legal Counsel, Regulatory Affairs who will own and lead FPG’s regulatory and compliance licensing work in the US and globally. You’ll help us achieve our goal of obtaining licenses and their maintenance. You will lead and represent us in discussions with our key regulators which include FINCEN, NYDFS and other State Financial Regulators.
Floating Point Group has a proactive, positive relationship with our necessary financial regulators. We are a custodian of major institutions’ cryptocurrency investments. The Counsel, Regulatory Affairs will play an increasingly critical and public role in our growth from a startup crypto trading operation into a mainstream, global digital asset trading and custody platform.
What you’ll be doing.
- You will lead all licensing legal and regulatory activities for Floating Point Group in the US and globally
- You will be the primary interlocutor with the regulators
- You will be the Company’s go-to person on all matters relating to licensing
- You will provide legal and regulatory inputs on new product development
Talent comes from a variety of backgrounds. We aren’t rigid. However, the person we’re looking for may have a resume something like this:
- You have 4+ years working as an attorney
- You are an active membership at a bar in any US state
- You have 3+ years’ experience working on Trust Charter applications or within a Trust Chartered entity, preferably within the Cryptocurrency industry.
- You have 1+ years working for a crypto company
- Your main focus is within regulatory and compliance in Financial Services
- You have an intellectual curiosity and interest in cryptocurrencies
- You have worked on a wide number of day-to-day regulatory and compliance policies and procedures, preferably relevant to our industry.
- You are knowledgeable of the legal and compliance aspects of licensing applications, and maintenance.
- You are interested or you're an active or aspiring user of cryptocurrency / blockchain based products and nothing excites you more than having a chance to bring those products into the world.
- You live by the mission of a more scalable, programmatic, and decentralized vision of the future of finance.
Our headquarter is in Hoboken, New Jersey. While you do not need to be in the office day-to-day, meetings with the regulators (in NYC) are semi frequent. If you do happen to live nearby (or wish to relocate!) then that would be very much welcomed. We’re building a fantastic working environment both in-person and remote.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEwLjc3LjEwNgM