Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin under the hood).
In 2021, Circle launched Circle Yield, Circle Account, and Verite to help our users earn, manage, and secure their funds. We built foundational industry partnerships which grew USDC market cap by 10x+. To broaden the utility of USDC, we also added support for digital dollars on 6 new blockchains: SOL, XLM, HBAR, TRX, AVAX, FLOW.
Over the next year, we will continue to grow USD Coin and the Circle API platform to become the #1 US dollar stablecoin of the world by building, scaling and partnering with both web2 and web3 ecosystems. Expect to see product announcements and launches for L1, L2, DEFI, and Identity solutions!
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Your team is responsible for:
As a senior leader on the Circle Data Engineering team for Accounting & Finance, you will manage teams that build and maintain the Data Warehouse that is utilized for financial and regulatory reporting. Your stakeholders will be various finance and compliance teams and you will have a high integrity to data quality and accuracy. Your work will directly impact Circle’s transparency, trust, and accountability needs.
What you'll work on:
- Design, develop, and maintain the data warehouse by building canonical and foundational datasets to be used by down-stream Analytics, Data Science, and product teams.
- Be the technical lead for the team, contributing directly to code, while also overseeing general architecture design decisions
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps and set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation)
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups, communicating the opportunities and constraints technology offers to the development of projects
- Manage technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Circle's engineering management team
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within Circle
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 1+ years managing a data engineering team either directly as a manager or a tech lead
- 5+ years experience in data engineering
- 3+ years experience with financial and accounting related data. Plus for crypto and blockchain knowledge.
- 3+ years experience with SQL and databases and querying engines such as Snowflake, Presto, BigQuery, Hive, etc.
- 3+ years experience building data warehouses using ETL/ELT frameworks such as Airflow, Dagsters, DBT, Prefect, etc.
- 3+ years experience coding in one of the following languages: Python, Java, Go
- Hands on technical manager experienced in designing, building and deploying secure, scalable products and services
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your direct team and outside of your team)
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You have experience managing remote teams
- The ability to thrive on a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy and responsibilities
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to San Francisco, CA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $200,000 - $265,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA2LjEzLjIwMwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $200k - $265k
Location: CA San Francisco, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: