Groma is a real estate investment, management, and technology company based in Boston. It’s our mission to develop a wider range of real estate investing technology while providing a high-quality management experience for our renters across our city, our country, and eventually the world. We are passionate about the future of the greater Boston area and it is our goal to develop our local communities in innovative and sustainable ways.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Property Operations Associate to join our dynamic team here at Groma, a rapidly growing real estate investment and management start-up. The Property Operations Associate will play a crucial role in overseeing the day-to-day operational tasks of our residential real estate portfolio, as well as handling corporate-level administrative responsibilities. This multifaceted role requires a proactive individual with exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will collaborate across various elements of the Property Operations department including property management, maintenance, construction, and leasing.
- Assist with the onboarding of new acquisitions to the portfolio
- Assist with the implementation of policies and procedures across the property operations team
- Participate in corporate level property operations meetings and projects
- Field inbound calls, emails and resident portal requests and inquiries
- Manage scheduling and follow up of maintenance tasks across a team of field technicians and third party contractors
- Perform on-site property inspections for apartment turnovers and quarterly inspections
- Perform monthly outstanding balances audit for rent collections
- Perform monthly billing for completed work orders
- Complete supply inventory audits on a quarterly basis
- Assist with the move-in and move-out process for residents
- Assist with scheduled apartment showings for prospective residents as needed
- Assist leasing team with inbound showing requests and third party real estate agent showings
- Assist with subletting and lease assignment process for current residents
- Assist in reviewing rental applications for prospective renters
A healthy work-life balance is important to our team, but this isn’t your standard 9-5. Most individuals looking for a new place to live tend to do so outside normal working hours and we have created coverage schedules that balance both our team member and our renters needs. These schedules allow for 40 hour work weeks for our team members, with alternating shift times to account for weeknights and weekend coverage and 4 day weekends on your “off” weekends. More specific details to be provided during the interview process.
- 2+ years of experience in the real estate industry, preferably in a residential property management or leasing role
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or hospitality position
- Strong computer and excel skills (Google Suite experience preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Diligent and efficient documentation, task and schedule management skills
About our Culture
At Groma, we’re looking to build something big and are on a very fast growth trajectory. While a healthy work-life balance is important to our team, we want to be upfront that there may be times when we expect commitments outside of the standard 9-5. We strive to respect individuals and their needs, while also acknowledging the reality that we have a small team that is trying to accomplish some very ambitious goals in a short period of time.
We have an ever-evolving list of values and conventions that guide how we operate as a company, but here’s a high-level overview of how we think about doing what we do:
- We’re committed to building an inclusive, equal opportunity, anti-discriminatory workplace that reflects the diversity of people and cultures that live, work, and play in the communities we seek to serve.
- We approach our work with pragmatic idealism that enables us to focus on our desire to make the world a better place in ways big and small while also being open to intelligent compromises that accelerate us on our path to serve our broader societal goals.
- Our whole team believes strongly in a value we shorthand as Justice League, not Superman. The challenges we are trying to solve require effective teams, not individual heroes. (Note: Yes… we are aware that Superman has been a member of the Justice League for quite some time now, but the analogy here is an easy, yet powerful, one for people to grasp. We don’t need a hero, we need a collaborative team of heroes who each bring something unique to the table to help solve problems that any of us individually would find daunting.)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
- 5% 401k match
- Fully covered high-quality health and dental insurance plans
- Fully covered commuter passes for bus, subway, boat, or commuter rail
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 official company holidays
- 1 floating holiday: We recognize that there are lots of holidays that are meaningful to different people in different ways and we want to celebrate that by enabling team members to have the time/space to commemorate those days however is appropriate, and using it as an opportunity - if they’d like to - to share the meaning of that day with the broader team
- Optional pet insurance for cats, dogs, lizards, frogs, and waterfowl
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM
This job is closed
Location: MA Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: