Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
The Data Science team at Luno unlocks value hidden in the huge volumes of data we collect to provide fast and deep insights to help inform our product development and business strategy. The team is part of the broader Product team at Luno, which includes Product Management, Product Design and Customer Research.
As a Data Scientist joining Luno, you would be part of Fleet Experience, sitting within the Product team, headed by Product Director Peter Lockhart working directly and reporting to Data Science Manager Taryn Morris. This fleet focuses on building our features and products that you see on the Luno app as well as providing a seamless and trusted customer journey.
The role in a nutshell:
As we accelerate on our mission to put crypto in everyone’s hands, we will need to understand how customers are using our product and improve the decisions we make through better information. You’ll be focussed on this critical step of creating better information from multiple data sources to guide our decision making and help us build better products and improve our processes.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist familiar with financial markets and working with order book data to provide insights and improve Luno’s liquidity management and develop metrics to effectively monitor the health of our exchanges, as well as improve the performance of our broker system.
This is a unique opportunity to help define the application of data science within the crypto space and lay foundations for how we analyse and assess the behavior of the crypto exchange markets given the unique challenge of the interplay between a retail market component and high volume broker orders.
The ability to ask the right questions, reason about behavior using probabilistic modeling techniques, math and statistics, and a natural curiosity will be key to having an impact in this role.
Your mission will be:
- Use data to learn about our customers and how they are using our product
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and product designers to optimise product performance
- Building reports and dashboards for business stakeholders
- Generate insights to improve the customer experience when using Luno’s broker and exchange services
- Design metrics to accurately assess product performance and business health
- Formulating business requirements into analytical objectives
- Sifting through diverse data sets to generate hypotheses
- Designing and running experiments to validate hypotheses
- Hacking through complex business problems using statistics and advanced analytics to provide insights towards making better decisions and building better products
- Implementing systems and processes to help scale our insights
- Develop effective metrics to monitor the health of Luno’s crypto exchange
A little about you:
- Familiarity with financial mathematics (Ideal)
- Experience working with financial markets and liquidity management (Ideal)
- Experience using probabilistic modeling techniques to generate insights, e.g. Monte Carlo simulation (Ideal)
- Strong data analysis, predictive analytics, and/or optimisation skills using Python, R or similar programming languages.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Familiarity with modern distributed data storage and processing systems such as Amazon Redshift, Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Spark
- Ability to create innovative, out-of-the-box solutions by leveraging analytics, data science and statistics
- Naturally curious and persistent when gathering and synthesizing facts, theories, trends, patterns, inferences, and key issues in complex questions and variable situations
- Track record of diagnosing problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques
- Bachelor's degree or higher in the natural sciences or technical fields such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-experts in simple and helpful terms
- Team player that’s enthusiastic about growing and developing others
- You can handle uncertain and ambiguous scenarios
- You keep abreast of developments and emerging trends in Data Science, and influence what is next for Luno
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzkuMi4xOTIM
|Job Position and Company||Location||Tags||Posted||Apply|
|Cape Town, South Africa|| |
|Cape Town, South Africa|| |