Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan Bitcoin is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our accounting and finance team. We’re looking for a Bitcoiner with 5 years of experience as an Auditor. This position will be reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
Leading in all technical accounting functions, including consolidations, foreign currency transaction and translation adjustments, intangible asset accounting, capitalized software, revenue recognition, federal state and local taxes, and other complex accounting areas.
- Assist with revenue recognition and related costs (ASC 606 and ASC 340-40).
- Lead preparation and review of technical accounting analysis of accounting and reporting issues.
- Advise on technical accounting and reporting matters and provide guidance on the application of accounting standards.
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Work with external auditors on the quarterly and annual financial audits and SOX compliance testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency and accuracy in financial reporting.
- Stay up to date with new accounting standards and regulations and assess the impact on the company's financial reporting.
- Reassess accounting policies, processes, and procedures to ensure established processes and procedures are aligned with current accounting requirements.
- Lead/participate in special projects as needed.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Familiar with drafting accounting policies and position memos
- Ability to draft financial statements and related disclosures
- Works well independently
- Takes ownership of responsibilities
- Flexible with working hours
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M