Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for an operationally-minded builder & Bitcoiner! If designing, building, and documenting solutions for scaling business operations and systems is what gets your out of bed in the morning — and manual, error-prone processes is your pet peeve—then you are a perfect fit!
At Swan, you’ll get to work with a passionate team of Bitcoiners that only care about doing what’s right for Bitcoin. We all learn and work together as a “flat” organization; there are no hierarchies or egos here. You’ll be part of a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies and processes to continue securely scaling our platform and our business.
You will be responsible for creating and documenting both technical and operational solutions that drive business efficiency and platform scaling. You will own infrastructure and automation/process improvements; optimizing for efficiency, stability, and security. You will work closely with teams across the company including Client Services, Product, Security, and Sales—you are the glue that ties together the company!
- Proactive monitoring of technical operational metrics such as performance of servers, databases, traffic, errors, security alerts, etc with an eye toward identifying trends and working with engineers to proactively address issues
- Act as an incident coordinator including communication with customers, engineers, and third party vendors on ongoing issues.
- Tune monitoring and alerting systems to achieve meaningful alerts while reducing noise
- Analyze and improve business and operational processes through automation and data-driven decision making
- Work closely with client services to investigate and resolve client issues in partnership with engineering team
- Create best practices and implement operational playbooks, documentation, and training guides across all segments of the business in partnership with department heads
- Identify and build critical KPIs and frameworks to drive operational initiatives towards broader company objectives and missions
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Experience with cross functional collaboration across Development and Operational teams to troubleshoot issues, required
- Experience in the Fintech, Finance, or Banking industry
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin and the Lightning Network
- Experience collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
- An understanding of web application architecture and infrastructure is preferred
- Required to work US timezones
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA3LjE2MC45NwM