Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for an operationally-minded Bitcoiner with strong problem solving and communication skills with a healthy dose of technical understanding and know how. We’re looking for people who are extremely good at identifying and debugging issues, getting to root causes, communicating with high bandwidth to internal teams and partners, and working closely with engineering to design and build solutions. A background in fintech and high growth environments is a plus.
At Swan, you’ll get to work with a passionate team of Bitcoiners that only care about doing what’s right for Bitcoin. We all learn and work together as a “flat” organization; there are no hierarchies or egos here. You’ll be part of a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies and processes to continue securely scaling our platform and our business.
- Investigate client facing issues such as onboarding exceptions, trading issues, and other edge cases, discover root causes, and work closely with engineers to resolve.
- Proactively monitor technical operational metrics such as performance of trading, onboarding, incident response times, and others.
- Tune monitoring and alerting systems to achieve meaningful alerts while reducing noise.
- Act as an incident coordinator including communication with customers, engineers, and third party vendors on ongoing issues.
- Analyze and improve business and operational processes through automation and data-driven decision making.
- Help write up and shape work for the Operational Technology engineering team based on root cause analysis and debugging of issues affecting clients and internal teams.
- Document best practices and implement operational playbooks, documentation, and training guides across all segments of the business in partnership with department heads.
- Identify and build critical KPIs and frameworks to drive operational initiatives towards broader company objectives and missions.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Experience with cross functional collaboration across Development and Operational teams to troubleshoot issues required
- Strong understanding of dashboarding tools such as Datadog
- Experience in reading through logs, debugging complex scenarios, and discovering root causes
- Experience in the Fintech, Finance, or Banking industry
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin and the Lightning Network
- Experience collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members
- An understanding of web application architecture and infrastructure is preferred
- High bandwidth communications through slack and video calls
- For this role, you must be a resident of the North or South America or EMEA timezones.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M