Aglet today is a digital sneaker collection game, powered by step-counting and an ever expanding catalogue of virtual sneakers. Tomorrow, Aglet will revolutionize how we play games, how we interact with brands, and how the next Virgil Abloh will be discovered. Aglet is powered by Onlife, a bold company and vision dedicated to inspiring the world to Play Life via a series of gamified overlays of our real, location based, context-rich lives, as we live them.
We are a fully remote, creative team distributed around the globe looking for novel ways to bring the metaverse to life.
We’re currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer - Unity to join our growing team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will be accountable for implementing features in the Aglet mobile application, and the creation of new gameful experiences on the Onlife platform. The Onlife platform is our emerging Web3 platform offering, and you will be helping us develop patterns and libraries to allow other games to leverage. Some of the duties are but not limited to:
* Develop software capabilities that meet defined requirements
* Work with the cross-functional team to plan and prioritise
* Use Test-Driven-Development (TDD) to assert software capabilities
* Ensure that development activities are completed within agreed timeframes
* Work in compliance with organisational sensible defaults
* Experiment with new practices and technologies
* Ensure you deliver performant implementations
* Ensure you deliver secure implementations
* Have demonstrated experience with Mobile development
* Have demonstrated experience with Game development
* Have demonstrated experience with Test-Driven-Development (TDD)
* Have demonstrated experience with Backend for Frontend (BFF)
* Have demonstrated experience with iOS and Android
* Several years Unity development experience
* Several years experience with Firebase
* Several years experience working in an Agile delivery environment
* Experience with Flutter development desirable
* Experience with native mobile development desirable
* Experience with alternative mobile development frameworks desirable
* Experience or interest in Blockchain technologies desirable
WE'RE BIG ON VISION AND VALUES.
Our vision is to create an onlife world that blends the physical and digital. Our values guide how we work, make decisions and engage with one another.
Open to Play. Think BIG and weird; Approach problems and ideas with wonder; fearlessly develop and deliver on interesting ideas.
Get Clear. Understand the game you are playing; Ask for help and direction when you need it; Communicate clearly and take notes.
Get it Right. Freedom and comfort to disagree; Proactively share and show your work; Demonstrate vulnerability by sharing uncertainty and challenges.
Radical Ownership. Don’t wait to be told what to do - own your space and make things happen; Own your mistakes and learn from them; Give meaningful feedback to the person who needs to hear it.
Be Active. Show up and participate; Build a community; Invest in your own physical and mental well-being - when you need a break, take a break.
We’re building a new platform that gives a voice to underrepresented creatives. To do that, we are building a team that models the type of world we're trying to create, one that is rich in different perspectives and backgrounds. We encourage all applicants to apply particularly if you are from an under-represented community or have followed an unconventional path to get to where you are - we want to hear from you!
Apply for this job
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M