This company is seeking a Managing Director (MD) who can take the helm and lead their Web3 investment strategy and program. Your focus is to invest in the best diverse founders and support them from ideation to exit. You will actively recruit, select, mentor and guide founders through challenges, critical decisions, strategy, tactics, securing investment, making hard decisions and celebrating their wins. You will be directly supported by a team who you will help hire to execute this company's handbook and deliver the best possible experience for Founders in your program.
The Managing Director sets the strategic direction and investment thesis with this company's corporate partner and will develop a curated team of diverse mentors, investors and business relationships that help your companies work toward product market fit.
You will be responsible for turning good companies into great, are you up to the challenge?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Managing Director will develop a broad investment thesis in conjunction with their corporate partner
- Establish and nurture a Web3 community with a broad and diverse network of founders, mentors and investors
- Partner with program teams to create a holistic strategy and delivery plan and then own overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program
- Sourcing, recruiting and making the initial investments decisions in all companies selected
- Partner with internal teams to create and drive the pipeline and recruitment of diverse founders.
- Represent this company nationally and in the local community
- Mentor and support other programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the ecosystem
- Entrepreneurial empathy - Must have founder experience, preferably been through failure and successful startups as a CEO
- 10+ years of experience in fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital
- Demonstrative leader of leaders and core understanding of leadership
Compensation range: $160,000 - $180,000 + Bonus + Program Carry
This company’s mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM