The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 11 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Coindesk and Foundry Services.
- Our platform has processed over $35 billion to date.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Malaysia, the United Kingdom, Indonesia and Nigeria.
The role in a nutshell
We're looking for a smart, passionate Country Manager to join our team full-time! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to build and lead the business in Nigeria. You will be responsible for managing all on-the-ground relationships with regulators, banks and the media as well as leading and building a highly ambitious team to serve the market and execute exciting growth strategies to help Luno scale.
Your mission will involve
- Work closely with leadership across product and marketing to define and execute a return-to-market strategy once operating challenges are resolved
- You will define and implement local marketing and growth strategies together with your colleagues from PR, Brand and Growth Marketing and build engaged local online and offline communities
You will gather actionable insights from customer research to improve local product and customer experience together with the related teams
- Develop and maintain strategic, long-term trusting relationships with high-volume clients
- You will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in your markets, in particular regulators, financial service providers, merchants and media and become Luno’s local spokesperson
- As part of Luno Nigeria’s regulatory license application with the SEC, perform the duties of a Sponsored Individual to the Luno Nigeria entity with reasonable care, skill and diligence
- Together with the Business Development lead for Nigeria, develop a partnership strategy delivering significant support in acquiring valuable customers
The Ideal Lunaut, will have:
- Led a country or regional consumer business arm/product with international exposure.
- You have experience of working in a regulated environment and the ability to handle industry and regulatory complexities
- You are experienced in building and running growth marketing across online and offline channels
- You are experienced in leading and scaling up a team in an international company
- You have a friendly, transparent, articulate disposition with a drive to succeed
- Experience in driving and monitoring marketing and operational metrics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial bias towards action combined with the rigour to see things through until completion
- Interest and knowledge of cryptocurrencies, in particular, Bitcoin and Ethereum and the AML/CFT issues presented by the industry
In the first six months, you will:
- Have supported the license completion and prepared Luno Nigeria to restore its traditional product offering
- Have formulated local strategies for your market and successfully executed multiple measures with a visible impact on user growth
- Have identified key challenges and opportunities in your market and prioritised strategic projects
- Have built strong relationships with a valuable network of key stakeholders in your market
- Sponsored and driven product improvements for Luno Nigeria
- Built strong cross functional relationships across the Luno Group
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Compensation: $82k - $112k *
Location: LA Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: