Join a leading fintech company thatâs democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
Weâre seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
<strong>About the role:</strong></p>
The Crypto AML Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering, or other related activities, using both traditional AML tools, as well as blockchain analytics software. Theyâll support the Financial Crimes Investigations team in managing risk to ensure Robinhood meets our regulatory requirements.
What youâll do day-to-day:
- Identify, research and report potentially suspicious activities identified through our suspicious activity monitoring rules or other sources (e.g. referrals, external inquiries etc.)
- Analyze customer transactional activity (e.g. crypto trading, money movement, etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activities
- Conduct research using Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Handle the investigative process from detection to decisioning, including drafting SARs when appropriate
- Support Managers with complex investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Keep up-to-date with industry news and developments both in BSA/AML and KYC, as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Assist with training and job shadowing for new team members
- Bachelorâs Degree
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech (conducting investigations, SAR preparation, and filing), or related consulting experience for financial services/fintech clients
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Strong ability to analyze transactional activity to identify red flags
- Proven track record of interpreting large amounts of complex information and extracting facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly, as both Robinhood and the crypto space are constantly evolving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Experience with Actimize and Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- ACAMS Certified
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Weâre looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If youâre ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our missionâweâd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhoodâs Benefits.