About us :
Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.
Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.
Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely
About the team:
Our engineering team is split into organisations which we call Fleets. Each Fleet focuses on a core customer journey (onboarding, security, payments, support, new business, growth, and marketing, etc.). Each of these fleets contains multiple smaller teams called Pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of the product.
Pods will include a product owner, product designer, back-end engineers, Android, iOS, and Web developers, who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use scrum, continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
The role in a nutshell:
Luno is investing heavily in building a next-generation Data Platform in the business, to enable consistent, timely decision making, and to provide a fabric for the interchange of consistent data about customers, transactions and other entities across our business and our platform.
We’ve built out the underpinnings of this platform on the Databricks stack within AWS and we’re rolling out a Data Product based approach to prioritisation and design to allow us to serve our users and customers what they need, in the way that they need it.
As the Data Architect, your role will be to support this initiative and recognise the critical importance of data in the crypto industry.
Your mission will be:
- Leading the technological choices, tools and business processes used to ensure consistent data and high data quality across all workflows
- Working with Product management, Data Science and Business Analysts to identify core Data Products, and designing the data flows necessary to create them.
- Defining and implementing the strategy around data governance, data privacy & security
- Collaboration with the Data Engineering Manager, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Business partners and cross-Fleet Architecture.
- Defining, developing, implementing and evolving the data model for all business domains, ensuring alignment across the group.
- Contributing to the overall data platform strategy, road-mapping, data product delivery, information security and compliance
- Championing and contributing to our creation and maintenance of a data catalogue and a ubiquitous language that we can use to rationalise our use of data across the business.
- Identify areas of innovation in data tools and techniques, and recognise appropriate timing for adoption
- Mentoring and developing the team of data engineers and the larger engineering team on best data practices.
A little about you:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience as a Data Architect within a regulated environment (eg gambling, finance, crypto, health, public companies)
- Deep understanding of data models, standards and tools used across architecture, and engineering.
- Experience working within strategy and product development teams to support global data projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of data governance and data policy for an enterprise environment
- Understanding of Metadata Management, able to design and maintain metadata repos to enable Luno to understand our data assets.
- Experience building solutions within a cloud environment (ideally AWS)
- Experience with Databricks would be awesome
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Strong skillsets in the core competencies of a data architect: systems development (lifecycle management including testing; predictive analytics; data visualisation), global data management (systems and interfaces; standards; roadmaps)
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Access to Learnerbly and Code Academy
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Luno offers a "Remote but Reachable" working approach. Please check out the details HERE
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM