Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about bitcoin and crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial site, research, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
Blockworks runs the largest crypto and macro podcast network in the world. Today we’re hiring a Director of Podcasts to help us scale this team.
You should have experience building and scaling podcasts, have a deep understanding of crypto, and be passionate about content.
As our Director of Podcasts, your goal would be to take what we have already built, and 10x the quality and reach of our shows to become the largest financial podcast network in the world.
In addition to leading all aspects of “a business within a business,” your role would focus on managing and recruiting talent to the network.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the network: craft the structure of the team and the strategy for scaling it
- Attract the talent: source, mentor, and coach talent
- Grow the shows: work with marketing to drive downloads and views of shows
- Craft the content: improve our existing podcast content
- Create the content strategy: decide which verticals Blockworks should build podcasts for
- A leader with a passion for storytelling
- Experience managing creatives
- Foundation of strong business acumen and general operational know how in driving a business forward
- An understanding or interest in crypto and macro (ideally a consumer of both types of podcasts)
- Experience growing and structuring a podcast team (including: hosts, editors, and producers)
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Comfortable with front-facing outreach for guests and interfacing with clients
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you + a significant portion covered for your dependents
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Commuter benefits
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation Range: $100K - $150K
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M