Shift Markets was founded in 2009, as a leader in traditional finance and the FX space. Sensing the seismic shifts taking place in the financial industry and recognizing the disruptive power of digital assets, we made it our mission to make these decentralized trends accessible to every business, from market leaders to small retailers.
Founded in 2009, Shift Markets began in the traditional finance world, as a leader in the FX space. Sensing the seismic shifts taking place in the financial industry, and the disruptive power of digital assets, we made it our mission to make these decentralized trends accessible to every business, from market leaders to small retailers. Join our dynamic team and make a significant impact on our company's operations.
We are offering an internship opportunity in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), which begins at the start of the intern’s Fall 2023 semester and concludes before the start of the intern’s following semester. As our Fall 2023 intern, you’ll be regularly interacting with members of our Accounting & Financial Operations teams and will be mentored by our COO. Ideal candidates are interested in learning more about the DeFi space, strategy, and investors. This internship will enhance the intern’s understanding of how to grow a successful startup. Qualified candidates have a strong understanding of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and trading. This internship is only open to current students who are incoming juniors or higher.
Internships at Shift Markets are designed to provide students with hands-on training, similar to a university lab course, which enriches the educational experience. The goal is to add professional context to the student’s specialized academic program for the upcoming academic year. A major in Business (or a related major, such as Finance or Marketing), is best suited for tying this internship to an academic program.
The intern will gain valuable experience by:
- Learn about financial statements, financial modeling, market research, and Series A fundraising
- Using Asana, alongside the Finance team, to manage assignments
- Communicating daily with internal team members, under the supervision of the COO
- Researching prospective investors with guidance from the Product & Business Development teams
- Conducting product research for industry and competitive analysis with guidance from the Product team
- Developing skills in cost analysis, sales analysis, and budgeting with the Finance team
- Coordinating with team members to complete administrative duties essential to running a business
The ideal intern is familiar with the following programs used by our company:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
The ideal intern already has these required skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to refine and improve
- Self-motivated and able to focus in a remote environment
- Adapts well to quickly changing priorities
Qualified candidates meet the following expectations:
- Experience which demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and trading
- Bachelor’s degree in progress, with a major in Accounting (or a related major, such as Finance)
This is an unpaid internship with academic credit available. This internship requires 15 to 20 hours per week, and can be either remote-based or on-site in our New York City office. Internships with Shift are conducted without entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzUuMTc1LjEwNy4xNDIM