Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
<strong>About The Role</strong></p>
NEAR Solutions leverages the transformative power of Software as a Service (SaaS) and blockchain technology. Our platform is built on the Near Blockchain Operating System, an enterprise cloud that runs on Blockchain. Think of it like Salesforce for Web3 based business models. We are seeking an experienced General Manager to provide visionary leadership, establish strategic direction, and ensure the successful operation of our business as we build out solutions for large brands and companies around the world.
The future of cloud computing on the blockchain is poised to revolutionize how we manage and secure digital resources. Blockchain technology offers a decentralized, transparent, and immutable approach to data storage and transactions, which can enhance cloud computing with improved security, privacy, and reliability. We can expect to see cloud services that can offer user-controlled privacy, peer-to-peer cloud networks, and efficient marketplaces for newly digitized goods.
NEAR Solutions is currently incubated within Pagoda. This is a VP-level role, and youâll report directly to Pagodaâs CEO.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define and implement business strategies and objectives in line with our mission to deliver state-of-the-art enterprise solutions.
- Oversee daily operations across departments, such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Product Development, ensuring seamless execution of tasks and business plans.
- Lead and scale our team in the development and refinement of our SaaS offerings, ensuring they leverage the full potential of the NEAR Protocol blockchain operating system.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-centricity, inspiring the team to strive for excellence and deliver superior solutions to our clients.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and clients in the enterprise software and blockchain communities.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and developments, using this insight to drive strategic planning and keep our company at the forefront of technology.
- Develop and manage budgets in line with the company's financial goals, and implement cost control measures as necessary.
- Ensure all business operations comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field. An advanced degree, such as an MBA, is preferred.
- Proven experience in a general management role within a SaaS and/or enterprise solutions company.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic and operational plans.
- Strong leadership, team-building, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills, with an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage budgets effectively.
- In-depth understanding of the enterprise software market and customer needs.
- Ideally 2+ years working in early stage start-up/scale-up environments. You thrive on problem solving in the moment.
We'd Love If You Have
- Passion for Web3
- Understanding of Open Source
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and the Near Protocol blockchain operating system.
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, youâll ideally be located in Europe.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values At Pagoda
Innovate and deliverâso our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rareâand valuableâin this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.