Head of Risk, Malta
In this role, you will:
- Develop the Company’s Risk Function and lead a team of three officers, one in relation to chargebacks and two in relation to fraud and risk.
- Establish, implement, oversee and maintain the Risk Management Framework of the Company.
- Establish adequate risk management policies and procedures, which identify, measure and provide for the proper monitoring, reporting and mitigation of all material risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems.
- Ensure with the help of the Head of Compliance that the risk management policies and procedures of the Company are in line with any applicable law.
- Set-up and manage mechanisms to prevent fraud from happening and manage cases when fraud occurs including but not limited to the performance of refunds and chargebacks.
- Adopt and ensure that effective arrangements, processes and mechanisms to manage the risks relating to the Company’s activities, processes and systems, are in place and consistent with the Company’s risk tolerance levels.
- Monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s risk management policies and procedures and propose updates and amendments as and when required to address amongst others; weaknesses in relation to internal controls and non-adherence to such policies and procedures by relevant staff members.
- Implement and monitor the adequacy of the adopted measures to address any deficiencies in the Risk Management Framework.
- Advise the Board of Directors of the Company in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the Company and assist the Board of Directors of the Company with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Preparation of Quarterly Risk Reports for the attention of the Board of Directors and Monthly Risk Updates to the General Manager.
- Assist and liaise with other internal committees of the Company and the Board of Directors in general as well as with any new business venture, process, or strategy being considered and present adequate risk assessments.
- Monitor the reputational risk of the Company and report any findings that pose additional risks to the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Identify training needs and train the Company’s staff members in relation to risk related matters.
- Advise senior management on risk related activities.Handle any regulator risk related queries and provide timely and effective feedback.
- Higher education, which is suitable for the business development field of the Company.
- Minimum a bachelor's degree in business or finance.
- Substantial relevant experience (10+ years) in Risk functions on major risk related projects and programmers.
- Experience in developing risk models for major infrastructure projects and programs.
- Good working knowledge of the systems and toolsets used for Risk Management, and cost and schedule risk analysis systems.
- The incumbent must also possess a reasonable understanding of the Company’s business, its technical, financial and organizational structure.
- Highly developed commercial, strategic, leadership and communication skills.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with extensive experience in presenting complex information to senior executives and shareholders.
- Experience in building and managing a team of risk professionals.
- Strong communication skills, integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills to drive change and make a difference in the organization.
- Deal with complexity and ambiguity to understand the bigger picture.
- Excellent command of English; excellent computer literacy.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM
This job is closed
Location: Valletta, Malta
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: