- Analyze submitted loans to ensure they meet loan program guidelines and requirements.
- Review and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company standards, federal and agency standards and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, etc.
- Maintain thorough knowledge/understanding of loan guidelines and stay up to date on current regulations and industry trends.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand the written policies.
- Review and Analyze income, credit, assets, source(s) of down payment, and supporting documentation for loan decision (Approve, counter, or deny as applicable) and identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
- Review Condo projects and Appraisals to ensure that loans meet secondary market, investor, and company standards.
- Review specific docs for loans vested under an entity in accordance with loan guidelines.
- Ensure all data noted in LOS is consistent with documentation contained in the loan file. Work closely with the loan team staff to gather and complete review of the loan file in a timely manner.
- Communicate proactively with the Loan Operations team on the status of all loans.
- Review and clear Conditions for missing required supporting documentation.
- Complete monthly and quarterly QC reports managing all aspects of externally completed audits.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years of related experience Underwriting Residential Lending Loans.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge, understanding and following OFAC, BSA, TRID and all compliance regulations required for residential loan origination.
- Experience working in Encompass (preferred) or another LOS.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks without micromanagement.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the demonstrated ability to meet and manage deadlines.
- Persistent and creative with the ability to stay calm in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self-starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, Real Estate, Real Estate Tech, or a startup environment.
- Understanding of foreign national consumers.
- Multilingual (English and Spanish)
- Established professional network in the Residential Real Estate industry.
- Active Florida real estate license.
- Experience processing and/or underwriting foreign national loans at a regional bank.
- Independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM
This job is closed
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: