Groma operates the world's first blockchain-powered REIT. Our goal is to enable a new model of community-driven real estate ownership, a world in which most people in a city own a bit of the city around them. Initially, the value prop of the GromaREIT is simply that it is a no-minimum, liquid, diversified way to step into real estate ownership. Over time, as we scale and add more DeFi capabilities, we intend to present Groma as a superior alternative to existing blockchain assets… a token with the flexibility and transparency afforded by blockchain, and the enduring value of real estate.
Groma's executive team comprises experts from the fields of blockchain technology, property technology and real estate. Just two years in, Groma owns/operates ~50 buildings (roughly $200mm of real estate assets) on behalf of the Groma community. Today, Groma is operating solely in the Greater Boston area but with plans to replicate the model in urban cores all throughout the United States, and then beyond, in the coming years.
About the Position
The Private Wealth Manager is a direct report to the Head of Investor Strategies and will work in a client-facing role to refine and execute on Groma’s funding strategy. You will build and manage the ecosystem of Groma’s high net worth individuals and family office investors, often working through new ideas and deal structures to provide win-wins for Groma and our investors. The Private Wealth Manager will also partner internally with the finance, legal, and operations teams to provide a markets/funding perspective on revenue forecasting, product strategy and operational requirements.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational skills, and experience working in the financial services industry. This person will:
- Attend conferences and other networking events to build relationships with potential clients
- Manage the relationships with company’s high net worth clients and family offices
- Collaborate internally with product, finance, and operations teams to provide a private wealth perspective into business strategy processes
- Prepare board and executive level presentations to guide business strategy decisioning and reporting
- Manage the processes and technology infrastructure in place to support the private wealth function
- 5-7 years experience in alternative transactions or capital markets
- Strong excel skills required and financial modeling skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably with math / business / finance / economics focus
- Proven problem-solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical abilities
- Strong process improvement and project management abilities
- Strong executive-level communication skills (both written and verbal) and an ability to build internal and external relationships
- Candidates should be client-focused and detail-oriented with a strong ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Strong relationship building skills to work effectively across all areas of the business
- Proficiency in Word and Excel are required
About our Culture
At Groma, we’re looking to build something big and are on a very fast growth trajectory. While a healthy work-life balance is important to our team, we want to be upfront that there may be times where we expect commitments outside of the standard 9-5. We strive to respect individuals and their needs, while also acknowledging the reality that we have a small team that is trying to accomplish some very ambitious goals in a short period of time.
We are also focused on maintaining our dynamic in-office culture at Groma’s headquarters in beautiful downtown Boston, Massachusetts. We believe that in-person collaboration and spontaneous interpersonal interaction is critical to the company’s success at this stage. Also, our office is great. We own the whole building and have made it very much our own space. We’ve got a gym, locker rooms, a gameroom, rooftop garden, and all the normal stuff to make an office an effective and fun place to be. We understand that everyone will need to work from home or the road occasionally, but want to be transparent with this expectation.
We have an ever-evolving list of values and conventions that guide how we operate as a company, but here’s a high-level overview of how we think about doing what we do:
- We’re committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of people and cultures that live, work and play in the communities we seek to serve.
- We approach our work with pragmatic idealism that enables us to focus on our desire to make the world a better place in ways big and small while also being open to intelligent compromises that accelerate us on our path to serve our broader societal goals.
- Our whole team believes strongly in a value we shorthand as Justice League, not Superman. The challenges we are trying to solve require effective teams, not individual heroes. (Note: Yes… we are aware that Superman has been a member of the Justice League for quite some time now, but the analogy here is an easy, yet powerful, one for people to grasp. We don’t need a hero, we need a collaborative team of heroes who each bring something unique to the table to help solve problems that any of us individually would find daunting.)
- Competitive salary for the Boston area
- 5% 401k match
- Fully covered high-quality health, and dental insurance plans
- Fully covered commuter passes for bus, subway, boat, or commuter rail
- Unlimited PTO
- 13 official company holidays
- 1 floating holiday: We recognize that there are lots of holidays that are meaningful to different people in different ways and we want to celebrate that by enabling team members to have the time/space to commemorate those days however is appropriate, and using it as an opportunity - if they’d like to - to share the meaning of that day with the broader team
- Optional pet insurance for cats, dogs, lizards, frogs, and waterfowl
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzMuMjIxLjkwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $62k - $100k *
Location: MA Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: