Network Operations Technician - Washington, Ga
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proficiency with TCP/IP networks
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting LAN networks
- Ability to make Cat5/Cat6 Ethernet cables and/or fiber cables (terminating connectors on ends)
- Assists with project communication and documentation regarding status of projects.
- Configure network equipment without scripts provided by managers
- Troubleshoot network related issues
- Experience configuring managed networks switches and/or routers/firewalls is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux Server
- Ability to setup printers and other network peripherals
- Experience with setting up wireless networks
- Proficiency with Windows workstation
- Assist IT department with rolling out changes
- Assist IT department with local user issues
- Responsible for the receiving of equipment and inventory
- Coordination and preparation of equipment for installation
- Facilitation of location prep for installation
- Additional duties as required
- Education: Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: 2 – 5 years of experience in network maintenance and/or technical support preferred
- A+, Network+, and/or similar certifications highly preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs - 75 lbs
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
- Please note that is an ON-SITE position for facilities that operate 24/7
- Some off-site work and/or travel to facilities may be required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM
This job is closed
Location: Washington, Georgia
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, 401k
Receive similar jobs: