At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to lead a spin-out project focused on developing new mobile applications and a marketplace. The successful candidate will lead the development team and ensure the project is executed on time and within budget, manage technical roadmaps, and guide the long-term technical strategy.
- Manage a development team in building a platform for mobile apps and marketplaces
- Develop and maintain the codebase using React
- Integrate third-party APIs and maintain them
- Design and implement analytical systems for data tracking and reporting
- Work collaboratively with other teams to deliver high-quality software
- Provide mentorship and support to junior developers
- Ensure that all development work is executed on time, on budget, and to high-quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and implement them into the project
- Manage current and create future development roadmaps
- Present technical updates and answer questions from stakeholders, investors, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and engineering leadership
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs
- Knowledge of analytics systems and data tracking
- Proven track record of building mobile apps and marketplaces
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to mentor and manage a team of developers
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Entrepreneurial experience founding or in management positions at a technology company
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with blockchain technologies including Solidity, Rust, etc.
- Experience with ad tech platforms and marketplaces
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js or PHP
- Experience with social, streaming, and other content-related APIs
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience with Databricks, Segment, SendGrid, Viralloops, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Looker, Jira, Confluence, Google Drive, Webflow, etc.
Samba TV expects to offer a base salary between $75,000 - $85,000 USD per year for roles to be performed in New York City or California; actual base salary offered will depend on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. Base salary is just one component of Samba TV’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include bonuses, short-term incentives and long-term incentives. In addition, Samba provides health insurance, wellness offerings, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), and other employee benefits.
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM