Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
As Swan grows and expands its offerings in new and exciting ways, we are conscious of the need for an extremely solid foundation on which to build our products. As such, we are forming a new engineering team out of new and existing engineering capabilities that concentrates solely on this underlying application infrastructure.
As a senior member of this team, you will use your highly developed skills in system architecture and backend engineering to create a robust, stable, and scalable platform that is ready for anything our product engineers need to build on top of it.
Your skills in and understanding of financial software tooling will serve you well as you make technical decisions that allow products to control and record flows of customer funds in Bitcoin as well as fiat reliably and transparently.
You will be working on an existing codebase that is in operation and must be comfortable learning and understanding not only how the existing code functions but critically examining it for areas of improvement and/or replacement as required.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Senior level experience with SQL, data modelling, and REST APIs
- Experience defining and documenting system architecture for financial software applications
- A security focused mindset is highly appreciated
- Experience with NodeJS is preferred, but senior level experience in any similar environment works
- AWS experience is a big plus
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM