Senior Engineering Manager, Protocol (Remote)
What You Will Do.
- Manage, mentor and coach engineers: Ensure your team is meeting project timelines and deliverables. Ensure that your team follows Engineering best practices – sprints, code reviews, software design docs, or conducting post-mortems.
- Review, write and test code: Write code, review and test. Implement improvements to your team’s technical diligence. Facilitate technical design decisions and drive the team to execute against those goals on time and within scope. Ensure quality code is shipped by the team.
- Own the full SDLC: You’ll guide the Protocol team through the Planning, Requirements, Design, Building, Documenting, Testing, Deployment and ongoing maintenance of each project.
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other department leaders from Engineering, Product and Design to execute the product life cycle.
- Communication: You’ll exhibit a high level of autonomy in ambiguous environments and are comfortable establishing and executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Emotional Intelligence: You’ll navigate through stressful or ambiguous situations and lead your team to continue delivering high quality software under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Innovation: You’ll identify and tackle hard problems that are considered as major bottlenecks which slow down or prevent innovation.
Who You Are.
- Minimum 5+ years in the software engineering industry.
- Minimum 1+ year experience with Web3 development (EVM or Cosmos SDK)
- Minimum + year hands-on development experience using Go or other modern programming language like Java or Rust and/or 3+ years managing a team which owned a service written in those languages
- Minimum 2+ years managing a team which owned a highly scalable service
- Prior experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team. (highly preferred)
- Lead projects and owned the relationship with Product and scoping processes from start to finish.
- Able to adapt and adjust in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up your sleeves type of work.
Nice to Haves.
- Experience Managing a team that owned open source code/repository.
- Experience working in a Startup environment.
- Recruiter: 30 Minutes
- Technical Screen: 1 Hour
- Technical Screen 2: 1 Hour
- Head of People: 30 Minutes
- Hiring Manager: 1 Hour
- Panel Screen: 30 Minutes
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO and Holidays
- A fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjEyLjk0LjE4M
This job is closed
Compensation: $72k - $110k *
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
This job is closed
Benefits: Pto, Distributed Team, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: