Employer: Standard Fund Services (Canada) Ltd.
Position: Senior Manager (Fund Accounting) – PE/VC Client Services
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Employment Address: 600 Bedford Highway, Halifax, NS B3M 2L8
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for health and life insurance benefits.
Salary: $105,000-$125,000 per annum
Contact: Please send resumes to [email protected] and include “Senior Manager (Fund Accounting) – PE/VC Client Services” in the email subject line.
This position will report to the Senior Director of PE/VC Client Services. The Manager will be responsible for delivering a high-quality service to MG Stover & Co. clients that focuses on technical expertise, communication, accuracy, and timeliness. In addition, the Manager will be required to develop their direct reports, delegate tasks, and manage workload. The ideal candidate has 6+ years of experience in fund administration, direct fund operations or related public accounting work with specific experience in servicing and accounting for digital assets.
- Act as a firm subject matter expert regarding digital asset accounting and auditing.
- Develop and deliver specific training for staff relating to digital assets, accounting for digital assets and financial statement presentation of digital assets.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams, clients, and regulatory bodies to ensure all are up to date with regulatory and accounting pronouncements and requirements.
- Develop and implement overall work plan for direct reporting fund accounting staff; manage and monitor work in progress on all team engagements.
- Liaise with the onboarding manager to ensure a smooth transition from the sales process to ongoing client service.
- Serve as a resource on client matters and internal personnel matters.
- Consult with clients to gain a full understanding of their firm, overall strategy, and structure.
- Review key legal fund offering documents.
- Service the most complex engagements.
- Partner with other senior managers and managers to help ensure the proper deployment of fund services.
- Manage and monitor team utilization, client profitability, team capacity and timing and quality of client deliverables.
- Resolve escalation matters in a mutually beneficial manner to maintain alignment on overall expectations.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly account closing process is followed consistently.
- Create and/or review waterfall models, capital calls and distributions, and ensure proper adherence to the fund documents.
- Manage the portfolio accounting process.
- Ensure that all investor allocations comply with fund documents.
- Plan, organize and review draft annual financial statements and evaluate the audit process.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department managers
- Establish profitability standards for client engagements
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Commerce
- CPA (Certified Public Accounting designation) preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience managing a staff of accountants
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in fund administration, for a private equity/venture capital firm or on audits for investment funds with extensive experience in digital asset investments
- Advanced industry knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong knowledge of digital assets and cryptocurrency investments, operations, and strategies
- Preferred experience with Allvue, Investran or similar fund accounting software
ABOUT THE FIRM:
Standard Fund Services (Canada) Ltd. is a subsidiary of Polysign Inc., an early-stage fintech company providing blockchain-enabled digital asset infrastructure for institutional investors. The PolySign family of companies also includes MG Stover and Standard Custody and Trust Co.
MG Stover & Co. is a fast-growing financial services firm headquartered in Denver with an additional office in NYC. The company provides portfolio, financial and investor accounting & reporting services to investment entities including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity & venture capital funds, as well as family offices and broker dealers. The company focuses exclusively on serving the needs of the global alternative investment community and provides the technical expertise and high-touch service that investment managers should expect from their service providers.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $105k - $125k
Location: NS Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This job is closed
Receive similar jobs: