Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re growing? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. We started 2023 with 350+ employees and are continuing to grow. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The e-commerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $300B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We are looking for a Senior Policy Manager to build and communicate rules that instill trust in our platform, and promote a fun and inclusive community. You will identify safety risks on our marketplace and livestream, and establish early warning, prevention, and control of platform and industry risks. You will help own sensitive and critical policy/enforcement escalations, create and implement internal policy guidelines, and partner with cross-functional teams to develop new policies and enforcement criteria for the platform, and bring those standards to our community.
You will also:
- Identify policy gaps and problem areas and decide when revisions and overhauls are needed.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Support, Trust & Safety, QA, Training and Outsourcing teams to ensure accurate and effective policy enforcement.
- Resolve complex policy escalations with considerable autonomy.
- Collect feedback, evaluate improvement suggestions and execute policy and process improvement projects.
- Analyze the user experience and implement policy together with the product and operation team.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years in Trust & Safety operations or a similar environment.
- Strong experience in policy development and policy enforcement, specifically regarding technology, ecommerce, social media, content and compliance.
- Commerce policy experience is a plus.
- Experience scaling operations and policies within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to translate complex challenges into simple and clear language and build consensus across multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using data and metrics to determine process improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzMuMjIxLjkwM
This job is closed
Location: CA Los Angeles, California, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: 401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Unlimited Vacation
Receive similar jobs: