About The Role
The Protocol Engineering team at Pagoda is responsible for the infrastructure of the Layer 1 Blockchain, NEAR Protocol. We focus on building a scalable, performant, and reliable infrastructure to actualize visions of NEAR Protocol, including the Blockchain Operating System (BOS).
We are looking for an Engineer with experience in low-level programming who is intrigued by a variety of open problems inherent to running compilers in completely trustless but high-performance settings, and who likes contributing to and collaborating with open-source communities.
What You'll Be Doing
In this role, you will be solving cutting-edge compiler and VM problems related to safe, deterministic, and high-performance compilation and execution. You will interface with many open-source projects where you might be asked to represent the NEAR organization. In the future, your work might also extend beyond WebAssembly VMs into other types of VMs that NEAR chooses to support. You’ll work on a collaborative and globally distributed team of world class experienced engineers, providing an opportunity to learn and grow your technical skill set.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience using Rust, C, or C++ in a production environment. We can teach you Rust if you are already a C or C++ expert
- Familiarity with low-level programming (compilers, operating systems, hypervisors, etc)
- Experience designing, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems built with open source tools
- Solid foundation with Algorithms and Data Structures and their real world use cases
- Demonstrated success working on a globally distributed team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Contributions to open-source software
- Experience with Rust API design
- Experience with virtual machines
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in American continents or Europe.
The base salary range for this role is $123,250 - $175,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we do have other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy44MC40LjE0NwM