The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteer-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain and other emerging technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit highly motivated and enthusiastic volunteers who will serve as Copy Editors in our External Affairs Bureau, working closely with our translation and communication teams.
The ideal candidates are driven and experienced in copy-editing and proofreading, for both the private and public sectors and looking to make a difference in international climate change governance. The successful candidates will have experience in delivering projects and following tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proofreading text and correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors;
- Verifying factual correctness of the information, such as dates and statistics;
- Checking text for >
- Arranging page layouts of photos, articles, and advertisements;
- Rewriting text to improve clarity and readability.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of English language, verbal and written;
- Knowledge of media production and communication;
- Competent in managing the main software packages;
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude; and
- Ability to manage work schedule flexibly across the entire week.
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Must be curious, creative, and knowledgeable about a broad variety of topics;
- Should be able to determine whether enough evidence exists to report on a story, and have a strong grasp of the ethics of certain stories;
- Ensure written work is error-free that it matches BCI publication's >
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to write clearly and with good logic, and ensure that content has correct punctuation, grammar, and syntax.
Education & Training:
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level;
- Major in English language and literature, journalism and related disciplines desired.
- Proven experience working in a similar role is essential, ideally acquired in a not-for-profit or government body;
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using one's own initiative.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organizations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying, and analyzing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Benefits you will get from volunteering with BCI are enormous and some include:
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you with a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge a close connection.
Before you apply
Candidates should submit their cover letter, CV, and English writing samples with their applications.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzguMTgwLjE3NAM