With 160 volunteers worldwide, BCI as a voluntary organization is delighted to recruit new VOLUNTEERS to fill the role of Personal Assistant to the Director-General.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To handle external correspondence for the Director-General;
- To manage and monitor incoming and outgoing email correspondence, responding and redirecting mail items to directorate officers as necessary, ensuring replies are issued within corporate deadlines and to standard;
- To schedule high-level meetings for the Director-General;
- To provide cover to Divisional Secretaries on an ad hoc basis;
- To work with the Senior Administrative Officer to ensure the smooth running of the Director-General’s Office;
- To implement and manage new administrative processes where appropriate;
- To undertake factual research as required;
- To support general resource management duties and occasionally help coordinate cross-divisional programs;
- To support the Director-General during conferences and events.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent English writing
- Close attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance competing work demands
- Ability to support technology-enabled meetings e.g. video conferencing, skype, digital conference calls
- High attention to detail and proven experience in managing sensitive data
- Conscientious but proactive approach
- Solution-orientated and a confident >
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment and delivering to tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Some knowledge of topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, and blockchain technology preferred.
- Proven experience working in a similar role is essential, preferably acquired in a fast-moving growth environment.
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organizations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying, and analyzing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you with a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies;
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge a close connection.
Before you apply
Candidates must submit their CVs, cover letters, and contact details in their applications. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a set of written exercises virtually to assess their suitability for this role and the organization. Candidates who have passed the written exercises will be invited to attend virtual interviews with the hiring managers.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RNDQuMjIwLjI0OS4xNDEM