Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrowâs Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What Youâll Get For Joining:
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
<strong>About The Role:</strong></p>
As a well-funded international team, Pagoda is in need of an Accountant to help take the Finance department's maturity to the next level. We are looking for an enthusiastic accountant who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups and who shares with us the same desire to give control of the web back to the users.
This key role on Pagodaâs Finance team will report directly to the Controller & assist with Pagoda's Accounting functions, Controls & Compliance, A/P, A/R, Procure-to-Pay, Payroll & Benefits, Cash Flow, Financial Statements, Treasury Management, and Tax.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist with month-end close process: enter/integrate journal entries, prepare & reconcile schedules to support entries and balance sheet accounts
- Accounts Payable (bill.com) and expensify processing
- Assist in blockchain data reconciliation and recording
- Reconcile data flowing into FP&A system
- Assist in documentation of department policies and procedures
- Ensure timely syncing of data between finance systems
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and gathering of PBC requested data
- Assist in continuous research of relevant news and actions as it relates to accounting for crypto
- Assist in gathering data for tax return preparation
- Work closely with the Controller & CFO
What We're Looking For:
- Ideally minimum of 2yrs finance experience, you may still be studying CPA
- Bachelorâs Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is must
- Strong attention to detail, analytic skills and experience working with deadlines
- Take ownership, problem solve & comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Curiosity to research US regulations and applicable legislation, specifically for cryptocurrency
- Experience in Excel, QuickBooks, ADP, and other Accounting/HR software
- Strong team player
- Authorized to Work in the US
We'd Love If You Have:
- Passion for the blockchain, Web3, & crypto space
- Commitment to learn & develop
- Excellent team spirit, strong interpersonal and communication skills
Hereâs What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This role is fully remote but must be based in the United States.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliverâso our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rareâand valuableâin this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.