Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice â our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, managing, and communicating the firmâs exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and relationships across the organization, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Associate, Enterprise Risk
At Gemini, our most critical product is trust. Trust, and thus assessing any threats to it, is at the core of our Risk Teamâs unique mission. We are looking for a skillful, personable, and creative Enterprise Risk professional to help further develop Gemini as the best-in-class, regulated exchange. In this role, you will partner closely with all departments to build proactive risk strategies from scratch. You are an expert communicator who can bring teams together to ensure smooth collaboration and unite stakeholders around risk-based methodologies. By joining a team that is building lines of defense from the ground up, youâll uphold our firmâs commitment to security as we work to revolutionize finance.
- Coordinate with management and control owners to update and maintain Geminiâs Process, Risk, and Control Library
- Identify Risk and Control Library mappings based on new/modified enterprise policies and regulations
- Broad understanding of risk & control frameworks. Ability to conduct risk assessments and gap analysis with guidance from the manager
- Ability to interpret ERM programs and regulatory requirements with team members assistance
- Execute gap assessment against regulations across multiple entities and international jurisdictions and requirements
- Facilitate the completion of the organizationâs Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program, working closely with management and control owners to complete their assessments, including communicating procedure requirements, assessing risks and controls, and reporting and tracking of issues identified out of the RCSA
- Work with management and control owners within Geminiâs Technology division to identify, evaluate, and mitigate significant technology risks by ensuring controls, standards, and processes are defined, designed, and implemented
- Liaise with Program Governance Leads and Legal to coordinate monthly and quarterly reporting to Enterprise Risks Management related committees and Boards
- Proficiency as a technical writer, with high quality of process, risks, controls, and issues documentation
- Support special projects to evaluate and mitigate operational risks across Gemini
- Bachelorâs degree in a related field or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Enterprise/Operational and/or Technology Risk
- Experience documenting processes, risks, and their associated controls
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; teamwork oriented
- Experience in executing risk and control self assessments
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards
- Experience in corporate Governance
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools
- Teamwork oriented
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $84,000 - $118,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidateâs compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.