- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - North America
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 – $95/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
What our look for in you:
- 4+ years of experience in Node js, Typescript
- Proficiency with either Go or Rust
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Web3 experience, a plus
- Passion in building a 0-1 metaverse that onboards millions of web2 users to web3!
Bonus point if:
- You have experience in cloud rendering related technologies.
- You have knowledge of WebGL
- You’re familiar and interested in the crypto ecosystem (DeFi, NFTs, identity, staking, or more).
- You've worked in a startup environment.
- You speak and write in Korean.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with CTO, VP of Engineering, designers, game producers, and engineers to implement our open world metaverse experiences.
- Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Interact with blockchain engineers and collectively decide what components should be on-chain vs off-chain
- Design and implement off-chain microservices including but limited to per-wallet off-chain metadata storage with high availability and latency requirements.
- Work with dev-ops engineers to deploy backend services in production with regional awareness
- Research and prototype new and upcoming metaverse technologies.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human RMy4yMzguOTAuOTUM