Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is looking for an experienced Chief Compliance Officer, who will coordinate and oversee the company’s Compliance and Regulatory strategy. The CCO will build core compliance functions for our platform, services, and teams. This role will work collaboratively to set the strategic direction for the Compliance and Regulatory function within Swan, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer.
This person will oversee our compliance programs and compliance relationships with multiple outside regulatory bodies, and other third parties. You will lead compliance projects for the company, develop a strategy for the function, guide the development of compliance programs, complete other compliance projects, and perform ongoing assessment of customer-related compliance issues with wide impact. Experience with the multi-state Money Transmitter Licensing (MTL) application process, AML/KYC compliance programs and a degree of familiarity with international compliance requirements are particularly desirable for this role.
- Collaborate with personnel across various departments to identify, define, implement, and administer company compliance and regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Lead compliance scoping for new market and product expansion initiatives, including into international markets.
- Lead and oversee company efforts to apply for Money Transmitter Licenses MTLs, as well as develop related compliance programs to maintain such licenses in good standing among state regulators.
- Monitor the regulatory and statutory landscape for Bitcoin regulatory compliance, keeping senior leadership apprised of any relevant developments impacting the company’s business goals and objectives, and recommending appropriate courses of action as needed.
- Develop and execute a continual compliance framework for each of Swan's platforms and business offerings.
- Provide strategic guidance to product and business leadership regarding Compliance requirements and market suitability.
- Review, implement, and maintain all regulatory objectives (Anti-Money Laundering, Counterterrorist financing, social responsibilities, Know-Your-Customer, Know-Your-Business requirements, etc.)
- Write internal policies and work across the organization to enforce external compliance policies, including AML/KYC policies.
- Interact with regulators, customers, and investors on compliance and regulatory issues, including audits, assessments, and inquiries.
- Train managers and other team members across operations, client services, engineering, product, sales, and marketing in compliance efforts.
- Draft and revise compliance policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments for the purposes of identifying and resolving potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and implement improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Work to establish automated tooling for compliance and controls, provide reports, and manage projects to implement improvements.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- 10+ years experience with regulatory agencies or compliance roles at financial or fintech operations.
- Experience with MTLs and FinCEN regulations.
- Experience with payment and banking regulations, network rules, e-commerce, and including AML&KYC/B.
- Working experience and knowledge in building and running a Compliance program.
- Senior level experience in writing and enforcing controls and policies.
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Certification.
- Required to work US timezones
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI5LjYzLjI4M