About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About Filecoin and Lotus
Filecoin is a crypto based distributed storage network that aims to store humanity’s most valuable information. The Filecoin network uses advanced cryptography to store over 15 exabytes of data, and prove its continued storage every day! Lotus is the Go-based reference implementation of the Filecoin protocol, and the Lotus miner handles the process of receiving, storing, and proving those 15 exabytes of data!
As the Data Storage Tech Lead at Protocol Labs, you will....
- Work on the architecture and development of main reference implementations of the Filecoin protocol as it relates to enterprise level data storage service. Your role will have a major impact on the entire Filecoin ecosystem, as your work will enable the scaling of data onboarding.
- Serve as a technical leader providing guidance to the team, anticipating issues and ensuring we maintain a high bar of quality.
- Work with a vibrant open source community for user feedback and adoptions
- Be responsible for both hands-on coding and architecture work.
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- 5+ years (10+ preferred) of experience working as a software engineer on storage and distributed systems.
- Experience developing on-premises enterprise software.
- Programming experience and proficiency with Go is ideal, but programming experience in one or more of the following is required: Rust, C, C++, Haskell, Java, Scala, Python, Clojure.
- Ability to analyze, criticize, and improve the design of complex computation systems.
- Ability to evaluate new components and dependencies keeping in mind long-term maintenance and deployment requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic “get it done” attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent practical experience (though a “traditional” education or degree is NOT required).
- An interest in blockchain technology and cryptography.
- Work with stakeholders to define data reporting requirements.
- Conduct design and code reviews on projects within the Sentinel and data warehousing repositories.
- Support and administration of various columnar and relational databases.
- Collaborate with other data engineers to create a self-service data platform.
- Champion Protocol Labs’ GRC strategy for data governance, risk management, privacy, security, quality, and retention, ensuring compliance with legal and business requirements.
The base pay for this position currently ranges from $207,000 to $287,000, plus cryptocurrency, equity, and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency and equity. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMTguMjA3LjE2MC45NwM
This job is closed
Compensation: $123k - $219k *
This job is closed
Benefits: Distributed Team, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: