Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
|Director of Global Taxation
Seeking a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to lead global direct and indirect taxation compliance and planning at our high growth company. The Director of Global Taxation will work cross-functionality and globally with Finance, Legal, and Human Resources teams across the company. Communication skills, attention to detail, and an objective approach to learning and problem-solving is a must! Strong knowledge of U.S. Federal Taxation required.
- Manage all planning and compliance related to domestic and international activities for corporate income taxes, indirect taxation and GAAP tax provision
- Manage the Global Tax function and all internal and external relationships relating to Tax
- In addition, the successful candidate should be a hands-on Tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Lead the continual strategic review of the company’s international tax structure and transfer pricing policies
- Build a team of tax professionals by managing deliverables, setting expectations, providing ongoing performance feedback, creating opportunities and developing goals
- Drive transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people development, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology
- Maintain ownership of tax internal controls and update as business developments dictate, ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes.
- Assume expertise for new and emerging tax issues, both domestically and internationally
Required qualifications and skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance, C.P.A. or J.D. required
10+ years of progressive corporate tax experience
5+ years of progressive experience within a Big 4 accounting firm
5+ years of progressive experience within a complex, SEC registrant company or commensurate progressive experience with SEC registrant clients for the tax division of a Big 4 accounting firm
Must demonstrate a conceptual and business-oriented approach to communicating taxes and tax planning, and be able to effectively communicate with and influence non-tax business leaders
Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements, including the use of new tax technology and automation tools
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage critical timelines
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization and draft technical Tax and accounting memos
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).