About the Position
The Director of Lending Compliance will report to the Chief Operating Officer and support the company's lending and digital asset trading practices as well as advise the loan officers and customer support departments. As such, the candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Stay current on all regulatory compliance requirements impacting company activities including consumer and commercial loan origination, loan servicing, and other company endeavors.
- Ensure organization is operating and complying with regulations, policies, and other legal requirements.
- Provide valuable feedback to the company through internal audits.
- Understand and interpret regulation to review new policies and procedures as needed and keep all policies up to date with regulatory and product changes.
- Work with outside and/or internal counsel on lending compliance matters.
- Review all commercial and consumer loan origination and servicing functions.
- Provide guidance to departments on all lending compliance matters.
- Think critically and independently.
- Partner with management and staff to identify and manage regulatory risk.
- Provide feedback to management on the quality of loan files.
- Provide training for staff as needed to effectively communicate key regulatory changes and updates.
- Serve as compliance personnel with banking partners.
- Assist in internal audit and risk assessments.
- Assist corporate counsel in preparation for regulatory examinations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Lending compliance certification is good to have
- 4-8 years of prior Compliance, Risk, Governance or related experience with consumer and commercial lenders
- Ability to work independently and proactively and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to exercise judgment within well-defined parameters and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge in lending compliance rules, regulations, laws and all related policies and procedures including, but not limited to, state lending license laws and UDAAP
What we’d be thrilled with (nice-to-haves):
- International compliance experience a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Work Remotely:no commute/traffic, enjoy more flexibility and improved work/life balance, live where you want anywhere within the U.S. and work where you want - comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop, the beautiful outdoors - you pick!
- Health Insurance & Benefits:medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off:12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off - work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings:401(k) with company match
- Company Equity:receive grant of company stock options - build and share in our success!
- Great Culture:partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjI4LjUyLjIxM
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $99k *
Location: CO Denver, Colorado, United States
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: