Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Forbes Top 50 Blockchain Companies
Figure Series D Announcement
About The Role
The Director of Servicing and Collections is a key position in our journey to transform Lending Operations and Servicing. This role will be responsible for our customer experience by inspiring our Servicing and Collections group, which has grown along with our business. This individual will ensure our people, processes, and systems are harmonized and simplified, providing end-to-end transparency, and align KPIs to deliver high customer satisfaction.
This individual will define, create, and lead the implementation and execution of innovative strategies that deliver a consistent and trusted service experience for Figure Lending customers. To create competitive advantage, and ultimately drive revenue growth through well-served and engaged customers, the incumbent will champion the customer experience while balancing the realities of our business needs.
As we continue to evolve our operating model to support future growth, we also seek ways to evolve our capabilities and enhance synergies across teams with the goal of delivering a seamless, unified customer experience. This position will oversee the operations and leaders within Servicing and Collections Customer Care. As such, this leader will develop and inspire a team of leaders who uphold service standards and are driven to elevate our customer experience. This individual will be responsible for bringing unity to new and existing teams, upskilling, reskilling, and ensuring teams are engaging in best practice sharing and ensuring the best customer service experience. This role will also work with Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Analytics, Credit Risk and other groups to ensure highest operational excellence in Figure Lending
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute on the strategy of the Figure Servicing Operations team
- Lead, develop and motivate a multi-site Customer Support team to deliver to established goals, objectives and KPIs
- Accept accountability for customer service, delinquency prevention, and roll rate objectives
- Identify and react to data-driven insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and standardized business metrics
- Identify initiatives and improvements in technology, systems, and policies to enhance service and employee retention; work collaboratively across functions to design and implement initiatives
- Partner with product on practical project solutions regarding system feature/functionality and/or process enhancements.
- Manage dashboards and reports to leadership
- Continue to develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback across their journey
- Lead, manage, and develop direct and indirect team members to increase talent, diversity, capabilities, and drive performance
- Participate in the recruitment of industry-leading talent to build a high-performing team
- Examines daily workload volumes to prioritize work efforts and maximize return on investment.
- Directs guides and influences staff in handling all types of situations to determine the most effective method of operation
- Handle internal human resource matters such as reviews, promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc., in conjunction with that department.
- Able to resolve problems or situations using company or standardized procedures and policies, and comply with laws and regulations, such as the Fair Debt Collections and Practices Act (FDCPA), Grahm-Leach-Bliley (GLB), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) .
- Participate as a member of the Lending Operations and Servicing Senior Leadership team; partner with other key stakeholders to champion, develop, and communicate a consistent strategic platform, mission, and purpose for the organization
- Partner, communicate, and facilitate collaborative interactions with peer organizations to ensure objectives, tactics, and long-term strategies are aligned and executed appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Manage and implement department budget
- Support leadership team in systems / operations processes, customer relations & issue resolution, if escalation required
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree is required and masters is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years in the financial service/ lending industry with five (5) years mortgage or HELOC experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a leadership position for large servicing/collections operations center
- Proven ability to successfully manage a large and growing team and meet or exceed corporate objectives
- Strategic thinker, strong hands-on leadership skills with the ability to influence and persuade others across organizational boundaries.
- Deep understanding of industry metrics, best practice operations and cutting edge technologies to provide excellent customer service and effective delinquency management
- Ability to excel with metrics based KPIs, meet critical deadlines and to multi-task and manage time and resources efficiently across multiple objectives
- Knowledge and proven success in loan servicing (preferably mortgage or HELOC), collections operations strategies, strategic planning, and execution.
- Familiarity with Federal, State and Local regulations as it pertains to loan servicing and collections
- Successful operating experience with omnichannel communications, ACD/IVR and staff scheduling software
- Valid NMLS Servicing/ Collections License (s) and/or the ability to obtain state specific license in all required states within 180 days of employment.
- Demonstrated comfort and confidence in presenting to investors
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations for internal/external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate activities and support related corporate strategies.
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with ability to comprehend and suggest modification to technical computerized systems.
- Demonstrated proven success managing a geographically dispersed workforce
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What Would Be a Plus
- Customer Experience improvement strategies preferred.
- Experience with operating and working with various lending (Loan Originations and Servicing) systems.
- Experience working in a start-up and/or consulting environment.
- Experience using Notion and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $125,000 - $175,000/year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on yourresidential locationcertain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data.California Residents, please review ourCalifornia Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Noticefor further information.By submitting your application, you are agreeing andacknowledgingthat you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMzQuMjA0LjE2OS4yMzAM