We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our Engineering team.
The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as individuals.
Together, we are upgrading the world of work to unleash the potential within and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as that.
A little about us:
Luno is the crypto investment app you can rely on, enabling you to buy, store and explore crypto securely. We’re committed to putting the power of cryptocurrency in everyone's hands sensibly and responsibly.Since 2013, we’ve helped millions of people around the world invest safely in crypto. We do this by cutting through the hype and supporting customers at every step of the way. All products and cryptocurrencies on our platform must first meet stringent legal, risk and technical security standards. We don’t do memecoins.Transparency is key for us. Luno stores all crypto on a 1:1 basis and we have rigorous processes in place so you can be confident your investment is secure. We’re available in more than 40 countries around the world and we work closely with respective regulators in all of these markets to be fully compliant, as we believe this is the best way to help everyone, everywhere, invest safely.
How we work
Our engineering team (currently ~200 engineers) is split into organisations which we call Fleets. Each Fleet focuses on a core customer journey (onboarding, security, payments, support, new business, growth and marketing etc.). Each of these fleets contains multiple smaller teams called Pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of the product.
Pods will include a product owner, product designer, back-end engineers, Android, iOS and Web developers, who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards.
We're agile, use scrum, continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
We're building teams to help us succeed in our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. You’ll be joining a group of highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our pods.
As a fast-growing company with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact both our internal users and client experience. Many of the problems we are solving result in trailblazing solutions which can’t be found on Stack Overflow; so we’re looking for engineers who flourish working in a complex domain.
Your mission will involve:
- Manage multiple teams of Software Engineers and Agile Delivery leads, totalling up to ~10 direct line reports spread across London, Cape Town and Johannesburg
- Attract, hire and grow exceptional Software Engineers
- Provide leadership to your teams, including setting clear direction, and enabling alignment on strategy and business objectives (OKRs)
- Work with Assoc Product Managers/Product Managers to plan and prioritise
- Serve your people - mentoring, coaching and growing your team members
- Take accountability for the delivery of projects delivered by your teams.
- Ensure that the platform and services owned by your teams are stable and reliable.
- Be accountable for incidents and the response by your teams.
- Understand and advocate for the best security practices
- Have a broad understanding of risk management and how to mitigate against risks
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience in leading software engineering teams
- A servant-leadership mentality
- Experience with the OKR framework
- Proven experience in hiring, growing software engineers, and performance management
- Experience writing code and designing software systems
- BSc/MSc/PhD in computer science or another technical discipline, or equivalent working experience
- A passion for software development, mobile technology and Bitcoin
- To be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and Codeacademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity/paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
- Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That's why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in South Africa already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Be part of the change! 🚀
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they are human RMy4yMzUuNjAuMTk3M
This job is closed
Compensation: $90k - $165k *
Location: WC Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
This job is closed
Benefits: Medical Insurance
Receive similar jobs: